Anyone tried Overeaters Anonymous?

Options
Hi

So I've tried OA at different times and had little success. I have a few friends who swear by it and have had massive success. I don't know if it's the whole twelve step philosophy or the notion of "clean eating" that freaks me out slightly. I haven't completely given up on the idea of incorporating it into my weight loss plan. I might check out a meeting in the next few days. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried it and if so what was their experience.

Replies

• MrsOlson1006
    MrsOlson1006 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this? Where can you find these?
  • jenniskemus
    jenniskemus Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi MrsOlson1006
    try checking out the website it should give you a link to a meeting in your area
    http://www.oa.org/

On a side note a went to a meeting last week and it was just what the doctor ordered. Received tonnes of support and it was a good place to hear other people's stories about how they have dealt with overeating. I plan on going to more meetings in the upcoming weeks.
  • MrsOlson1006
    MrsOlson1006 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will check it out!
  • robynw20
    robynw20 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've found a phone Overeaters Anonymous meeting; "A Vision For You".
    The website is : avision4you.info
    There is a daily live meeting as well as MANY recorded meetings. This groip studies the "Big Book" of Alcoholics Anonymous.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i am part of another 12 step program and I have to say I believe I'm a better person for it. I do know a few people in OA and they do find it helps them