Keto "bread" that's freezer friendly?

Options
photo_kyla
photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
Does anyone have a recipe for a keto bread or muffin that freezes well? I'd love to have something that I could pull out when the rest of my family decides they want something sandwich-y for dinner.

Replies

• kendefilipps
    kendefilipps Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ah, sometimes you just need the feel of eating a sandwich. Give this a try. I don't know how it freezes, but it is delicious. http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/amazing-bread/
  • kendefilipps
    kendefilipps Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    BTW, I just read your profile re your struggle. I'm in a similar boat in that I plateau and then stray. If it helps, for me it's best if I mentally visualize myself at my goal weight - keep your eye on the prize! Also, when you hit your milestones, set a "warning stone" of 5 - 10 lbs above that. The warning stone represents that weight you absolutely will not go above if you slip. If you slip, as you approach your warning stone, it will be a nagging reminder to get back on your horse. And every once in a while, just have a blow out day, go crazy and eat every carb you want, next day, get right back on it. Good luck!
    PS Oh, and make a chart of your milestone weights, each one associated with a reward - a piece of jewelery, a piece of clothing, an overnight trip somewhere, etc. Hang the chart somewhere near your scale or your mirror. It's all about the baby steps that get you to the end. Good luck.
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Alvarado Street Bakery items from retail grocery store seem to last pretty well in the freezer. Probably important to seal it up tight to prevent moisture loss. But I don't think it belongs in a keto diet. No bread does.

But how about a different approach. "Muffin in a mug" ground-flax-based takes 3 minutes to make for one serving. Literally 3 minutes including microwave time. No need to freeze. I've used them as sandwich buns. Increasing cooking time from 1.5 to 2 minutes, makes them a bit drier and tougher. Don't hold back on the butter.

Also try looking up "Grain Free Cloud Bread Recipe", substantially egg-based requiring cream-of-tartar. Like
    http://www.momables.com/grain-free-cloud-bread-recipe/