Clean Eating

Options
trimminit
trimminit Posts: 191 Member
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Clean Eating team!

My name is Kris, and I will be co-leading your team alongside coopscoopc.

Our team will be competing in the group challenge with a focus on clean eating. You may choose to use a combination of clean eating and calorie counting, or clean eating alone. Or perhaps some other variation.
There are no strict rules... Use what works for you and please share what you've learned. You may help someone else succeed at losing weight and improving health!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Tell us about you, your goals, and what clean eating means to you.

Check back frequently to cheer on your teammates and be encouraged. Working together is paramount to our success!

Replies

• coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I am Melissa (aka coopscoopc) and will be co-leading with Kris.

I am very excited to help with this group challenge. Clean eating and calorie counting are especially important to me. This is a big challenge in itself! During the holidays we all want to face plant in those cookies, brownies, fudge, candies and more... Choose wisely my team mates. :) Everything in moderation. Stay in your calories and think twice before you order! This is going to be a great tream and challenge!

I know our team will be a contender! If it goes over the lips, then it goes on the list! No matter what you eat, good or bad, track it. Then you can go back and see how your are doing or what you need to tweak a bit. If you have any questions, or feel like you are getting frustrated, this is place to turn! We are all in this together!

Keep strong and keep counting!
  • terribanks6723
    terribanks6723 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Terri and trying to join clean eating. Need some helping adding my name to the list.
  • trimminit
    Options
    Hi, Terri. I added you to the spreadsheet. Welcome!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Please add me to the Clean Eating team. My user name is JuliaMLN and my name is Marcella. Thank you.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Me: My name is Marcella. I'm 57 and 5'6". Struggled with weight since my mid-40s.

My Goals: I currently weight 186 and I'm staying on track with my December goals of two pounds per week. By January 31st my goal is 176 pounds and to be more active.

What Clean Eating Means to Me: Eating fresh fruits and vegetables (preferably organic), pastured meats, dried beans, nuts and grains.
  • trimminit
    Options
    Welcome, Marcella!
  • trimminit
    Options
    Almost there, Team!! I don't know about you, but I am READY to roll!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Logged and ready!
  • trimminit
    Options
    Welcome to Day One, Team!!
    Are you ready?
    I'm off to an organized start, thankfully. It's wonderful how spending a few minutes can help me feel more prepared. I'm not sure what my exercise will be today, but my big focus is on what I eat. So much food over the holidays!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Amazing how much move energy I have and how much better life is all around simply by leaving off the highly processed foods.
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    One of the tips I have found that really do help is the meal planning. We have all heard about it,,,but it seriously does help when you know what you are having the day ahead. My main focus is on breakfast and lunch. It is soooo easy to grab fast food because it is quick and convenient. Well if you are anything like me when it comes to pinching pennies... figure out what you are spending weekly on fast food, restaurant food, and I bet the $$ amount will be shocking to some of you. I can't justify another $50+ a week on top of my grocery bill.

I am that person that seems to blast out of the door every morning so as not to be late to work after an hour long commute... the last thing I have time for is figuring out what I have or don't have for my lunch pack. I prepare my salads for the week on Sunday's. Place them in air tight containers and place them back in the crisper. My salads will stay fresh for the week.... just do not add mushrooms, they tend to get slimy quickly. I literally open up the fridge, grab my salads, yogurt, milk for my cheerios, make a quick samich (or have my wraps ready ahead), throw in some fruit, and BLAM out the door she go!

After a while it becomes such a habit I feel lost when I don't have my food prepped. I also like to throw on an extra piece of fish, or an extra piece of chicken from the night before.. or if I have any leftovers, I pack those up in tupperware containers as well. It's a flurry of grab and go items, but it really helps... especially when watching what I am shoving in my pie hole. :)
  • JMarcella57
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Being a bit ADD, if something is out of sight, it is basically out of my mind. So I only have foods that I will eat or cook for the family in our kitchen fridge and pantry. Anything else is in the garage fridge or my sons keep a few snacks in their rooms. Works like a charm. (And though, there is little in our house that wouldn't be considered somewhat healthy, I have found a few items seem to be triggers for me for unwelcome cravings. Those items aren't allowed in the kitchen area at this time.) This is all working well for now while re-establishing the real food lifestyle.
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    We have a list of foods that are to never come back in the house again for the same reason! LOL I am addicted to Salt and Vinegar chips. This bag of evil has been banned because I know when I open it, it is gone. B)
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Yippee, hit my weekly weigh-in goal! After yesterday's weigh-in, I knew there would be no room for cheats on Saturday. So happy when I weighed this morning and had hit the number that I needed for 2 pounds loss for the week. "Clean Eating's" where it's at!
  • trimminit
    Options
    Hi, Everyone. I'm sorry for my absence. As you may know, I've been out all week - I wasn't feeling so hot. But Christine and Bridget and Melissa had it covered!
    You probably noticed that most of our leaders for the other teams did not join as promised. I've been discussing this with Christine and we are working to get things better organized this week. We want everyone to feel like they are supported.
    Please bear with me as I catch up on all of your posts. I'm glad to see you here. And great job on meeting your goal weight this week, Julia!!
  • Christine_1085
    Christine_1085 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all!! Welcome to week 2 of our challenge - and yes we can do this!! Persistence!!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Welcome back Kris (trimminit)!
  • trimminit
    Options
    Thank you, Julia!
  • trimminit
    Options
    Congratulations, Marcella! You came in 2nd place in the first weigh-in!! Way to represent our team!
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    Not sure how I missed our second weigh in! Ugh! My apologies everyone!

A BIG congrats to all of those that lost last week! let's keep it going this week!