Weekly Post 21/12/ - 27/12/14

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Sunday Eve - Time for a new weekly thread :p

My week was a bit of a up and down with lots going on.

On the down side - a bit of a hectic week at work, a fall from a horse, too many sweets / too many simple carbs / too many cals and a fast gone wrong

On the upside - one good fast, up and running again - so no serious injury from my fall, my little fitness room has been used 3 times already, I now have 2 weeks off work and I was back in the saddle today.

Wish you all a great start to your Christmas Week!!

Replies

• EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    It's Monday morning here...2.5 days to go before a 19 day break. YIPPEEEE!!

Another terribly naughty weekend of overindulging but I registered a number on Friday morning that I haven't seen in over 10yrs so I'm not too worried. One fast day this week and will try and do at least one a week over my holiday but not sweating it.

I'll still be starting the new year in better shape than I have in a very, very long time and that feels great.

Have a wonderful week you lovely people. :D
  • uptightoutasight
    uptightoutasight Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yep, overate yesterday at a party. Fasting today, woke up still feeling full! I have lost 4 kilos since I started but I think nothing more is seriously going to happen until January. I am just hoping to maintain over xmas. Wish me luck and good luck to you all!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @flumi_f - so glad your leg is healing! Wishing you a good week as well.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    jknight - hope you shake off that virus as quickly as possible! Take care of yourself!
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I said I wasn't going to do it but....I sneaked a peep at the scale yesterday and low an behold I am only .3 up from my lowest...total and complete shock and that is lowest lowest not high lowest, if you know what I mean ;) The fast I did on Saturday ended up rather high...like in the 800s instead of 500s (not exactly sure how much because I added extra tuna, extra peas and a bit of sunflower oil to the pasta i had for dinner). Anyhoo...fasting today and yes I will make it under 600cals, aiming for the 500-something. Have not at all been counting my calories on the other days because I know that would be just scary, so I will live blissfully in my ignorance and hope that I can maintain until the new year! Oh and since I think everyone is a bit down and out on the fasting front I would like for everyone to say one NSV and it can even be something silly like...humm...yesterday I got to spend all day with my husband and kids at a winter wonderland and seeing there smiles was my victory! Oh and I got to buy some boots with heels and wore them all day yesterday and I'm not in pain today! Keep you spirits up everyone, I'm thinking of each and everyone of you and missing the ones I haven't seen for a while. Bye for now :D
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    snaps27 wrote: »
    ...I would like for everyone to say one NSV and it can even be something silly like...
    Shrimp & crabmeat mirliton dressing, fried turkey, baked mac & cheese, gumbo, slow cooked venison, jambalaya...I'm getting a little teary eyed just thinking about...ummm, because it was a family gathering! No fudge, pecan pie, etc. etc...there's the NSV, oh...and the "family" part. Hearing children laughing uncontrollably gives me goosebumps sometimes (no joke).
    ...I'm thinking of each and everyone of you and missing the ones I haven't seen for a while. Bye for now :D
    It's me...right? You mean me...you can say it, it's ok...I have that affect on women people. I love to say twisted little things that embed themselves deep within those dark recesses of your subconscious mind. Lying in wait...could be years (or hours), then they'll spring forth from their hiding places at the most inopportune times...like when you're "ahem", with your significant other...BAAM! Gotcha! Now you'll be thinking about me the next time...you know. ...and when you start smiling (or burst into laughter) at that "awkward" moment, just tell them it's not your fault...it's that guy I met online...I just can't stop thinking about him! Then, I'm sure, all will be forgiven.

You're all under my spell...

Doubt me? ...why did Flumi get the black boots? ...think about it...
  • flumi_f
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Flumi got the black boots, because Flumi never had black boots before and she thinks, she looks pretty damn good in those black boots.

She likes looking good! And if someone enjoys looking, that's OK too :p

BTW, Flumi just worked out for an hour and now straightend her hair to go out in some of those new duds... OK only visiting my aunt, but who knows what will happen along the way ;-) And I like showing off my new look B)
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    Flumi got the black boots, because Flumi never had black boots before and she thinks, she looks pretty damn good in those black boots.
    Wrong...you're just confused...it happens, that's ok. You got 'em because "I" planted that seed...you walked into the makeover, saw the boots, and said "oh, orlcam's gonna love those." The rest of the ensemble was just an afterthought. Those are MY boots! ...but you can hold onto them for me. I'll just need some proof every now and then that you are taking care of them...high resolution images or 720p+ video should be fine.
    ...And if someone enjoys looking, that's OK too :p
    Uh...duh...
    And I like showing off my new look B)
    As you should! Carry on...
  • snaps27
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Oh, orlcam...you are sick and twisted >:) The twisted games you play!

And you know I'm talking about teasing us with that food! And I'm fasting today (meanie)
    orlcam wrote: »
    Shrimp & crabmeat mirliton dressing, fried turkey, baked mac & cheese, gumbo, slow cooked venison, jambalaya...I'm getting a little teary eyed just thinking about...ummm...

Oh and the other stuff...whatever makes you happy...Happy holidays
  • snaps27
    Options
    Hoorah! Dinner time! Coming in at 675cals... Okay...not where I wanted to land but I'll take it. No more fast for me until Saturday (homemade sugar cookies here I come) oops did I type that out loud! :p
  • flumi_f
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yay Snaps!!

I just landed at 604. It was a man fast or a christmas fast. Chocolates together with coffee at the nursing home put me over, but no problem.

Was thinking of doing a B2B, but I don't feel like it. Bought myself some yummy smoked salmon and shall enjoy that tomorrow. Next fast Friday, Sunday or Monday....

Oh and today's NSV...I visited my aunt at the nursing home. She is 80 and has dementia, but could not believe how slim I was (she still knows, how I was all of my life). Of course she repeats herself often, but she kept looking at me, saying, 'Wow, you are so slim! I'm so happy for you and a bit jealous' I could hear that all day :p
  • snaps27
    Options
    Oh, no...add a 7 cal sweet to my tally for today :blush:
  • snaps27
    Options
    Ever wonder about the bits at the bottom of the pan, pot etc...that get left behind..."hmmm how may calories are those three peas and few strings of pasta?" Maybe I am closer to my calories then I think... teehee :#
  • flumi_f
    edited December 2014
    Options
    STOP NOW Snaps!! Step away from the pots and pans. Get out of the kitchen! (I'm telling myself this too...)
  • snaps27
    Options
    Thanks flumi...off to bed soon anyway, all the best.
  • kcd1961
    kcd1961 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Best number since 1997 - so I'm not complaining.
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hey yall! Just checking in. Planning to fast at least 2 days this week and not stress about the rest of it.

After not really losing/maintaining-ish the same 5 pounds since end of November, the excess water or bloat fell off last week. 1 more pound until I hit 50 pounds gone. I can't believe I'm about to see the 280's! 275 is my lowest I've seen as an adult (and for barely more than a minute lol), so the next 15 (omg...is it really that few!) after I hit 50 down, will be crazy!

It's still hard to see changes on my own body, but I'm definitely get a lot of comments from friends I'm seeing again after a couple of months of not seeing each other, especially the ones that saw me at my highest. Definitely a great motivator to keep it going.
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have weight or maintaining goals during the holidays or that they are using to jump-start back in after the holidays?

My next goal is 275 which will be 15 more pounds (16 as of right now). My goal is hit that number by the end of March. That will make my goal around 5 pounds a month. Definitely do-able! I feel even more confident about that after the last few weeks when I've been taking breaks and/or maintaining and have kept it under 300 or without any huge gains. Definitely feeling in control!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have weight or maintaining goals during the holidays or that they are using to jump-start back in after the holidays?

My next goal is 275 which will be 15 more pounds (16 as of right now). My goal is hit that number by the end of March. That will make my goal around 5 pounds a month. Definitely do-able! I feel even more confident about that after the last few weeks when I've been taking breaks and/or maintaining and have kept it under 300 or without any huge gains. Definitely feeling in control!

I am hoping to be 20 lbs. down by April. I don't know if I will fast again before the end of the year. I would like to maintain until I start up again at the 1st of the year but we'll see.

Congratulations on your loss! You are keeping your eye on your goals and accomplishing them. It is fun to ride along with you.

• eychenn
    eychenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    congrats @thecarbmonster!!!

Good luck with fasting this week everyone, I know I'm going to need some. Fasting tomorrow but no idea how I will manage another one for the rest of the week, with all the family time etc.