December Challenge ~ Dec 22nd -- Dec 28th

cpanus
cpanus Posts: 19,731 Member
I borrowed these from 50 Full-Body Weight Exercises

1. Inchworm: Stand up tall with the legs straight, and do like Lil’ Jon and let those fingertips hit the floor. Keeping the legs straight (but not locked!), slowly lower the torso toward the floor, and then walk the hands forward. Once in a push-up position, start taking tiny steps so the feet meet the hands. Continue bugging out for 4-6 reps.

2. Mountain Climber: Starting on your hands and knees, bring the left foot forward directly under the chest while straightening the right leg. Keeping the hands on the ground and core tight, jump and switch legs. The left leg should now be extended behind the body with the right knee forward. Next up? Everest. Do a total of 30--15 each side.

3. Plank: Nope, we’re (thankfully) not walking the plank. Lie face down with forearms on the floor and hands clasped. Extend the legs behind the body and rise up on the toes. Keeping the back straight, tighten the core and hold the position for 30-60 seconds (or as long as you can hang).

4. Wall Sit: Who needs a chair when there’s a wall? Slowly slide your back down a wall until the thighs are parallel to the ground. Make sure the knees are directly above the ankles and keep the back straight. Go for 60 seconds per set (or however long it takes to turn those legs to jelly). Need more fire? Add some bicep curls.

5. Squat: Stand with the feet parallel or turned out 15 degrees—whatever is most comfortable. Slowly start to crouch by bending the hips and knees until the thighs are at least parallel to the floor. Make sure the heels do not rise off the floor. Press through the heels to return to a standing position. Do 15 squats.

6. Superman: Want some superpowers? Lie face down with arms and legs extended. Keeping the torso as still as possible, simultaneously raise the arms and legs to form a small curve in the body. Cape optional. Do 2 at 30 seconds each.

7. L Seat: Take a load off (well not exactly). Seated with the legs extended and feet flexed, place the hands on the floor and slightly round the torso. Then, lift the hips off the ground, hold for five seconds and release. Repeat 5 times.

Do these 7 exercises twice.

Take Thursday off but only if you find it necessary... ;)

Enjoy! Let me know what you think. :#

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!! <3<3<3

Chris

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,748 Member
    Chris, How was the wedding. Dying of curiosity! Pics? - paulak
  • cpanus
    The wedding was beautiful. Sara was beautiful! I am working on pics. Need DH's help...I only have her in her dress so far and will send more when I get them.

We had one bratty flower girl and the other one was pretty good but then decided to cry through the first half of the ceremony. I'm hoping they have the ceremony on video. The food was great and the music was really good too.

My eating today wasn't great by any means. I have all the left-overs from the girls all being here from 8:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. yesterday getting their make-up and hair done. I had a ton of food...mostly sugar...but tomorrow I will be back on track with exercise and food.

The kids are in Hawaii, and the view from their balcony is breathtaking!

Chris

• cpanus
    edited December 2014
    There are several pics of her dress on my profile page. Putting it as my main picture cut the photo in half. The bottom of the dress was cut off. I think you'll have to click on the picture to get everything.

None of the pictures do the dress...or my DD justice...the dress sparkles on the top and the bottom and has a very light gold tint to it. Her hair was up and her make up was dramatic!!
  • lcarls71
    lcarls71 Posts: 320 Member
    Oh Chris she looks just like a Princess. Absolutely beautiful dress. So glad to hear the ceremony went of without a hitch. Hubby and I had our candles lace and silk flowers catch fire during ours. Funniest thing ever. All we could think was we are doomed, lol. Especially if we burn down the church.

Kari - Hope your feeling better soon. Thankfully no illness has struck our house yet.

I know I've been MIA for a bit but time to get back on track. Mom had a complete knee replacement so us girls cooked dinner today and took it up to her and dad. It was nice to have just the immediate family there for a change. Normally mom has a TON of people there and not all of them are very thankful for the meal and company. Have the next few days off so I will be working on getting back at it. My eating has been ehhh at best. Feeling it too. Hate when I feel so tired and weak.

Prom dress shopping tomorrow with daughter and her friends. Hopefully they will want lunch somewhere that serves food without it being fried :wink:

Weather here is very unseasonable for this area. No snow and temps hitting the mid 50's some days. I think the lack of snow and cold is the cause of my Grinchyness. Had such a hard time getting into the spirit this year.

Merry Christmas ladies.

Lynnette
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,978 Member
    Paula it has been snowing most of the day. Yes, white Christmas. :)

Chris that was strange. Only half the car was wet! Perfect parking job. When I click on the photos of her I see the entire photo. :blush: I love mountain climbers. Bratty flower girls? Yuch.

Lynette that was so sweet of you girls. Taking care of your loved ones is fabulous. : prom dress photos coming up. :)

Christmas has been good. Went and watched the Hobbit. We bought a puzzle finally and are making progress. I caught my red mandarin and have her in a first aid tank. It hangs on the inside of my display tank. Water is cycled between the two. She has been there since Tuesday evening. I have been putting baby brine shrimp in for her to eat. She also has a nice rock she plays on. Healing nicely. Still looking for a name. Starting to plan my next tank build. I want a banded butterfly fish. They need a minimum of 125 gallons. Am I obsessed?

Eating has been so so. Conscious of not just throwing in the towel.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Shelley
  • lcarls71
    Shelley, lol, you could be doing worse things than loving your fishes :smile:

Well I caved and bought myself a used FitBit to replace mine. Nice to have something to see that says "get off your duff girl" :wink: Santa didn't bring me my kettle bells but I know all the fitness stuff will be going on sale in the next few weeks so I am going to pick up a 10# and 15# to start with and maybe a set of 5# dumbbells too.

Challenge completed x2 for today. Now to get some more steps in while watching Forensic Files.

Oh yeah........daughter found her dress, YAY! Needless to say it is more than I would like spend but it is her last prom/dance and she is spoiled, lol. Hope we have some more OT in the new year, UGH! The things we do for these kids. No pics as it is still at the shop and needs to be taken in a bit. Poor girl is a waif of a creature, lol, barely a zero. Is that even a real size?? Whatever she is getting my butt and thighs eventually lol. The Portuguese blood wouldn't have it any other way, lol.

Here's to the weekend ladies and trying to make good choices.

Lynnette
  • zumbaforever
    Lynette a size zero! So would split the difference with her. :blush: Can hardly wait for the pictures. I so get the cost though. Insulin runs us $245 about every two months for the cat. But what is a mommy to do. I must say though, I will never have 4 dogs and two cats again. They are getting old now. And expensive. But they are also spoiled! :smiley:

I hope you find your kettle bells and at a good price. And yes to the FitBit.

Thanks for the words of wisdom and to good food choices. And to extra steps wherever we can get them.

I named my red mandarin. She is Mandi. Still in the first aid tank. But healing up nicely. Hoping to release her into the main tank in a few more days. She is eating as many brine shrimp as I can hatch for her. :smiley:

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Lynnette - Wait a minute...I think my right thigh could be a size zero...or around my knees. Wow! She will be beautiful. When is her event?

I love my Fitbit and I'm going to get two 12 pound kettlebell and one 10 pounder...I have a 10 pounder...as soon as I see them on sale.

I didn't do as well as I should have last week. I'm recommitting this week and working on getting 15,000 steps a day (I'm off all week), and sticking to my calorie allotment. No junk or trigger foods. Thanks, Lynnette, for the inspiration!!

Chris

• lcarls71
    Chris their prom will be sometime in early May. And I couldn't agree more although my thigh wishes it ever might have seen a zero lol. I need to up my steps also. Hubby and I got in a walk yesterday with it being so nice here. 54-60 degrees in December here is NOT heard of, ever.

Shelley I am still fighting the algae in my tank. Sometimes it stays away for a bit then it creeps right back. I picked up some tabs that I am going to try now.

Took a rest day yesterday and am working on the challenge in a bit.

Keep strong ladies.

Lynnette
  • cpanus
    Got my four miles in this morning. The kids really missed their pup, so I took him home early. My DH returned some headphone to the phone store for me this morning and I went walking! It was beautiful out there! I have 4,000 more steps to get done before dinner, so I'll see you all on the new thread Shelley created earlier!!

NO TRIGGER FOOD...NO JUNK FOOD!!!

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    I sent everyone invitations to our new thread.

Lynette what type of algae are you dealing with? Have you tested your nitrates and phosphates? That is algae food. Unless you are using RODI water or distilled you are putting phosphates into your tank every time you top off or do a water change. Algae food in other words. Also flake food has the highest amount of phosphates of all commercial fish food. I am slowly getting rid of mine. If I wanted to get it off the rocks faster I would pull them out of the tank and put them into a light free environment. But it would mess up my tank and kill some rather interesting critters. I do blow them off with a pump and hose. Really blasts water into those rocks. The GUNK that comes out is like a cloud. Kind of cool actually. Lol. This has been such an experience. Blah, blag blah.

Little Mahdi is still coalescing is her hospital tank. Looking better every day. And eating well. :smiley:

See you on our new thread.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    cpanus wrote: »
    Got my four miles in this morning. The kids really missed their pup, so I took him home early. My DH returned some headphone to the phone store for me this morning and I went walking! It was beautiful out there! I have 4,000 more steps to get done before dinner, so I'll see you all on the new thread Shelley created earlier!!

NO TRIGGER FOOD...NO JUNK FOOD!!!

Chris

Great going Chris. No triggers!

Shelley

• lcarls71
    edited December 2014
    Shelley I am using filtered water from the fridge, lol

:disappointed: I didn't get an invite :disappointed:
  • cpanus
    Lynnette...I sent you a message!!!