Favorite Fitness Gadgets?

Options
RebekahR84
RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
For anyone who hasn't tried one of these, my absolute favorite tool for my healthy lifestyle is my pink Polar heartrate monitor. It costs $100. It's a chest strap and a watch. You plug in your weight, date of birth, gender, and height. It logs your workout time and calories burned. It also shows the amount of time you spent in certain heartrate zones. There are other programs it performs, but those are the ones that I use. I've set my goal to 3,500 calories burned working out per week.

If you're shopping for a heartrate monitor, don't go for the one that you have to hold your thumb to in order to get a reading. The chest strap is the most accurate reading you'll get. It seems like it might be cumbersome at first, but you don't even realize it's there once it's on.

Does anyone have any recommendations on fitness gadgets for me to try?

Replies

• 1BSCahill1
    1BSCahill1 Posts: 4
    Options
    I've got a Garmin 910xt... it's been great because of it's diversity. I can use it running (my sport), biking, swimming, yoga... I even used it for skiing! I also love my yurbuds earbuds... they pretty good about staying in, even when bouncing while sweating &/or soaking wet. Those are my favorite gadgets, though I have plenty of "gear" that I love, like RunningSkirts, Zensah compression sleeves, & BodyGlide. :)
  • RebekahR84
    Options
    What are compression sleeves used for?
  • penguinattackstudios
    penguinattackstudios Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about the running skirt haha.
  • 1BSCahill1
    Options
    The compression sleeves assist in calf recovery, especially after a particularly challenging run. I LOVE them. After a long run, I'll sleep in them overnight & experience very little soreness the next day. LOVE them.

My skirts are just because I like to be cute. At all times. ;)
  • RebekahR84
    Options
    Reeeeeally? Well, it seems that compression sleeves are in my near future. Thank you!
  • taramaclaren
    taramaclaren Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of my Fitbit + Aria scale. I own a Bodybugg and religiously used it for a few years, but it was so bulky and obvious people thought I had a heart condition and I ALWAYS got questions. The Fitbit is small, easy to hide (wear it in my bra) and syncs with all of my fitness apps - MFP and Endomondo!

The Aria Scale is super awesome as well. I weigh in constantly, but in the past would only enter my weight online if I saw positive movement. Now I don't have that options - it auto-syncs with my apps(list above) and I can see my weight fluctuations throughout the day!

Now, these may not be 100% accurate, but I love and will use them forever. Such great and inconspicuous tools! :)
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    those ear thingies look cool, do you remember the approximate cost?
  • RebekahR84
    Options
    My husband bought me a FitBit. I used it every day. Then, one day I was changing and it was just gone. Never found it again. :( No idea how it got lost because I kept it in my bra.