CHAT

Options
So were you all able to keep up with the workout program with the holidays, I missed my Wednesday Cardio and DVD 3 Workout on Thursday....I'm going to try and catch up by Sunday by not taking my one day break to make up...sense I've taken a two day break in a sense already.

Replies

• qhiggins86
    qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I fell behind too, but the idea of paying catch up is too stressful to me. So I've decided to just start over with dvd 3 like I'm just starting the second part of phase 1 again. I'm ok with being behind.

Speaking of behind, my *kitten* is so sore from doing dvd 4 yesterday and it hasn't even been a full 24 hours yet! I told my husband that Jillian obliterated my *kitten*, and he laughed and said that sounds cool. Haha.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was able to. I missed Tuesday so I did Tuesday's workout Wednesday and then did Cardio 2 and workout 7 on Christmas morning since my family didn't do anything until the afternoon. That was a rough time.
  • beautifulciera
    beautifulciera Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My whole schedule from Wednesday to Sunday has been crazy....christmas eve dinner, christmas breakfast, christmas dinner, gift opening, then traveled to DC to see other family, spent qt with my sister,hair appointment, took my son to chuck e cheese, church on sunday, then had to drive back from DC after church.......I got home and crashed for like 4 hours lol. Crazy is not even word to describe how busy this week has been....

I'm also starting week 3 over on Monday....
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    Dang!!! It does sound crazy but it sounds like a good time!

My parents don't own a set of 8 lb weights so I was doing 3, 5, and 10. That was pretty hard with workouts 7 & 8. I could have taken the time off, but I'm a week away from Phase 3 so I sucked it up and made time.

Phase 3 terrifies yet excites me. I'm 90% scared and 10% excited. lol She will beat me like I owe her money.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    I only own 5 lb weights..thinking I should at least get one more set of heavier weights ..maybe 8 or 10.

Have you been noticing change...I feel like I'm noticing little change, hopefully its not all in my head. I'm going to borrow someone's dressing room at the end of phase 1 and take pictures lol. The dept stores have better lighting lmao.
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    I'd do an 8 and if its seriously too easy for you, then you can always get the 10's. I'd probably get some 3's too. I haven't used my 3's until workout 8 and I'm very glad I have them because I could not do this one exercise with my 5's. You're in cresent pose and do flys for 30 seconds, then you lift yourself and stand on your front leg right out of cresent into warrior 3 with your weights. Warrior 3 in you aren't familiar is arms out in front of you like Superman, standing on one leg and the other is straight out so your back is parallel to the floor. I couldn't hold it with 5's. I can barely hold it with 3's. The right after you hold weighted warrior 3, you switch legs and go back to cresent, then into weighted warrior 3 again. No breaks. Its a very hard circut.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    WOW!!! 8's and 3's...got it. no breaks :s
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    The farther you get, the more super sets she has you do. There are a couple of exercises in workouts 7 and 8 where you don't break, you go right into the other side. The one in my post above is in 8. The one in 7 is a W press with a leg lift. It makes your shoulders scream.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    ok...I gotta question. I'm trying to practice my breathing while working out so I can get the most out of my workouts. More so when she has us doing ab workouts. She wants us to inhale and then exhale when we do the ab contraction. But while exhaling we are suppose to keep a firm contraction at the same time. This is so hard for me! How am I suppose to exhale, but still keep a contraction at the same time. For some reason. When I exhale..my contraction wants to exhale too smh
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    Try breathing with your diaphragm. You'll have to contract your stomach muscles to help push out the air and should not make you want to lose your contraction on those muscles. It takes a lot of practice. I'm just now getting to the point where I remember to breathe during certain workouts instead of holding my breath.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    @JeriAnne84 have you finished week 12 yet?
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    I finished it last night!!!
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    I'm going to measure myself tomorrow before I work out so I have a full day of rest. I'm drinking a crap ton of water today to hopefully get away from any sodium puffyness so I can get as close to accurate results as possible. I've been taking pictures of myself I might upload those. I've been taking them in my groomsmaid dress from my friend's wedding I was in since I have a picture of me in that 2 days before I started Body Revolution. I have some in just my workout bra and pants, but I'm not posting those. I feel weird about posting pictures of me so, not clothed lol, plus I'm so pale you'll need welding goggles to look at it anyway.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    OMG! I'm sure you're not allll that pale! I'll be able to see you just fine. I'm going to get back to the money starting Monday, but I'll be starting fresh. I'm going to consider a fish and spinach diet during my metab kickstart week, if I can't maintain the pre-written diet she already has.
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    Are you feeling better since your wreck? I'm going to try and follow her diet as close as I can. My boyfriend says he wants to "lose his gut" so I think I have him talked into doing this round with me with the diet, which will make it a lot easier with us eating the same meal. There is a breakfast in the kick start week, the eggs with the avacados, I'm all over that. Although probably won't poach the eggs since I have no idea how to do that. lol He has crohn's and hasn't been eating what he should be eating for his diet (lots of fish, chicken, bland pasta and sweet potatoes) so we will probably be mixing her diet with his diet.

I'm going off pop starting tomorrow, which I did that back in May and lasted 4 months. I felt so good and then I started drinking one every once in a while and worked my way up to once a day. But still not near what I was drinking at this time last year, so hopefully the withdraws won't be as big of a nightmare as last time. I know Jillian promotes that Eboost stuff that is all natural with caffiene. I might try some of that and see how it is.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    I'm actually feeling a lot better sense the accident. My face is clear and you can't tell I was ever in a car accident, besides the fact that my car is gone from the drive way lol. I totally agree with the meals there! Cooking for two different diets can be a bit challenging, and then if I don't cook for him...I get deemed that bad girlfriend who doesn't cook for her man lol.

So are you liking your results so far?!?
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    That's great!!!! Glad you are doing better and your face cleared up! My friend got into a wreck a few years ago and her face was burned by the air bag. She looks fine now but for a while I felt so bad for her. She had a huge burn on her chin and bottom lip. Poor thing.

Oh yeah my boyfriend tells me I'm a bad girlfriend because I don't cook for him. I barely cook for myself! I learned how to bake a pie for him, he should be happy with that. lol!!!

I still need to measure myself. I totally forgot to last night. We went to Cici's Pizza (saw a 3 year old with a grill in his mouth...wtf?) and then had some chocolate beer and since I never drink I was tipsy from one and went to bed. I'll do it and take pictures when I get home. I'm pretty happy with what I can see different just looking in the mirror. My obliques are way more visible, my shoulders feel a lot more muscular and look more cut. I've noticed my face has gotten thinner, and I have more of the dent in the side of my butt and I can see more muscle definition in my butt. It's also higher. I have WAY less celulite in my butt and backs of my thighs too. My upper back is more muscular looking than it has ever looked too.

I did Workout 1 this morning. I'm using 10 lb, 8 lb, and 5 lb weights. Chair squats with front raises with 10 lb weight....sweet Jesus they about killed me. lol The cardio intervals were redonkulously easy compared to Phase 3 ones, but I still burned 380 calories and my average heart rate was 140 and the max it got to was 170. I think when I do my cardio 1 days I'm going to do them holding 5 lb weights the whole time, except for when you do speed bag, because I don't want to smack myself in the face with a weight. That should make that harder. Since I'm doing the kick start week, tonight I need to do a cardio. I had planned to do her DVD, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. But I might do cardio 1 and 2. Or do Cardio 3 and then go to our cardio room we have at our apartment complex and do something for a half hour there. I want to burn at least 500 calories a day from exercise alone to see if I can burn the fat off a bit quicker.

I noticed her kick start week for food was only 1200 calories, which I don't know if I can do. I was having problems with my heart fluttering at random times. I thought it was my asthma medicine, so I went off of it and it still kept happening. Then I got my heart rate monitor and could see how many calories I burned so I started eating back my burned calories and the fluttering has stopped. That's the only change I've made. So I'm not sure if I should do the 1200. :/
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    Thanks hon! At this point you can't even tell I was in an accident, besides my boyfriend's constant reminder with this new nickname for me, "crashy" smh lol. He says he got it off of Family Guy lol. I actually remember that episode too, and it was hilarious lol.

HA! Pies are always good, my bf is big fan of sweet potatoes, me not so much. But I learned how to put my foot in it just for him lol.

Sooooooo you're thinking of doing Cardio 3 in phase 1 ??? or are you swapping between cardio 1 and 2 in phase 1....I got confused lol. During Week 1 of my kickstart metabolism, I was doing my cardio in the morning, which I burned like 370-450 depending on how hard I worked, and my dvd 1 I burned about 290 to 400 depending on how hard I worked....So on average from exercise I burned about about 650 to 750 per day just off the two DVDs.

I experienced heart fluttering when I was taking Hydroxycut, when reading some of the reviews, there were others who were also experiencing the same problems as well, but I never experienced this with a lack of calorie intake....hmmmm, something to definitely look into though.
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    Aren't boyfriends great? lol! My boyfriend also calls me something from Family Guy. I'm his "Chinese Lois".

See I like to bake and decorate cakes. So his first birthday with me I had planned a kick @$$ cake and then he tells me he doesn't like cake (not knowing what I had planned). Cake is my favorite food so I didn't understand why he didn't like cake. He likes pie, so I learned. They aren't pretty, but they work. lol

LOL Sorry to confuse you!! I'm doing Cardio 1 (with weights) on my cardio days, but will also either do one of the other cardio dvds as well. During the kick start week (which I missed last night's work out and this morning's because I was tired as hell) I'm doing cardio 1 & 2 one night, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism another night, and then Cardio 3 and something else another night. And rotate that. Basically at night I want to get 45 minutes to an hour cardio in. My first day, I did workout 1 in the morning, then that night I did Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and between the two workouts I burned 1004 calories. BFBM is no joke. If you want a really good 45 minute cardio DVD, I highly suggest it.
  • beautifulciera
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Sounds like a kick *kitten* plan! Are you doing DVD 1 & 2 this week at all...I think she has them rotating monday and tuesday and then again on wednesday and thursday. I'll look into that DVD definitely! I've been looking for something different every now and then..but then again, I would like to master this JMBR cardio first...you know..like you said, "MAKE IT MY BIT*H" lmao

Your boyfriend sounds like he'll get along perfect with mind lol...HA!!