Weekly Post 28/12/14 - 03/01/15

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Oh my, 2015 is closing in on us quickly B)

My first whole day at home since the 23rd. Was actually planning to visit friends in Germany, but kind of got snowed in this morning.

Thus I did some stuff in my apartment and went nordic walking in the snow. Very enjoyable!

There are no more sweets or other high cal temptations in my apartment either. I had a pretty healthy food day today, but I have gained a few pounds since mid November...about 5...thus I have made my veggie soup and tomorrow I will lie in, uh, eat it... Tomorrow and Tuesday will be my last fasts in 2014. I will make them count! Yes I will!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Replies

• chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Nice plan flum, I've yet to throw away the treats lying around. Maybe I'm testing my will power??

I fasted yesterday which was great until about 11:00pm and I caved and had some dark chocolate covered almonds. I ended the fast around 620 cal's which considering the circumstances is a win for me.

I'm trying to keep this simple and not too restrictive as I think that was my downfall with not sticking with it before. Live and learn!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    500 cals down the hatch, 3h til bedtime. Had a good fast day.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Feeling much better today. Not sure if I will make another fast this year, but my spirits are high for the new year!
  • flumi_f
    edited December 2014
    Options
    That is great to hear, Snaps!

Sending you some sunshine

xxv18dl846kt.jpg

It's -6°C, but a beautiful morning here! Haven't had this much snow in a very long time :)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    After a very easy fast yesterday, I am back to my Christmas Eve weight. It is such a mind game! I was home all day and it was no problem. OK, my cupboards are 'empty', so nothing calling my name.

That was the easy part. It's that pre Christmas kilo I want to get rid of in the next few weeks. One more fast tomorrow will prepare me for New Year's Eve...wanna look good in that dress and my boots :p And soups and chilli in the fridge for light and warm meals for the rest of the week.

A more serious goal - To be under 57kg by the end of January. This is absolutely doable, if I stay away from chocolate, peanut butter, cookies and co. I will keep this in mind, when I go grocery shopping today.....stay away from those isles!!

Reaching <57kg would be a real loss after maintaining mostly between 57-58 since May. I've seen 56.7 a few times, but only for a day or two before it went back up, due to my own splurging....

Let's do this!!
  • snaps27
    Options
    Love the sunshine :D Glad you are a part of this thread! You're at, where most of us want to be at, so don't be too hard on yourself for the small ups and downs. You're doing just fine in my book!
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Pretty pic @flumi!

I partied way too hard over the holiday haha. No regrets. I didn't count calories or even get in my planned fast days, but I can say 100% that taking that break (another break????? I know, I know lol.) this week has got me pumped up for the next stage! I knew I was going to be lax over the holidays and think it was almost a positive reset before the long stretch to get to my next big goal of 275. I am up quite a few pounds of bloat and maybe a real pound of two from my lowest (just 1 pound from 50 lost), but I will still make it my goal to hit it this week (even if I have to stretch it to Saturday and not NYE like I hoped). Honestly, I'm still happy I'm under 300 and even in the 290's. Lord knows I didn't think I would see a 2 in the front again and that I would have been able to keep it for this long- even while taking breaks!!!! I guess my record doesn't look too good when I take a look back and see I've been in the 290's for 7 weeks, but half of that was relaxed or on complete break...and that's almost 2 months out of the 300's. WIN ALL AROUND!!!
  • snaps27
    Options
    Honestly, I'm still happy I'm under 300 and even in the 290's. Lord knows I didn't think I would see a 2 in the front again and that I would have been able to keep it for this long- even while taking breaks!!!! I guess my record doesn't look too good when I take a look back and see I've been in the 290's for 7 weeks, but half of that was relaxed or on complete break...and that's almost 2 months out of the 300's. WIN ALL AROUND!!!

You have done brilliantly! I have been stuck as well, for about 6 weeks. But new year is coming, so bring it on!!
  • thecarbmonster
    Options
    We're not stuck- we're in maintenance :D
  • flumi_f
    Options

Absolutely! Count me in on that one!
    Love your attitude Carb! And once in a while we need those breaks. Heck, I've been on a 6mth break B)

I think, you have done brilliantly! Think of where you would be, if you hadn't started 49.5lbs ago ;)
  • flumi_f
    edited December 2014
    Options
    snaps27 wrote: »
    Love the sunshine :D Glad you are a part of this thread! You're at, where most of us want to be at, so don't be too hard on yourself for the small ups and downs. You're doing just fine in my book!

I'm not beating myself up. But I still need to keep my eye on the prize. How quickly old habits and old pounds creep back in and on.... Fasting has not really changed my appetite....I'm a weightaholic....if I don't set an upper limit and be strict about it, it will go up again. That is why, I'd like to go down another few kilos. I'd have a bit more wiggle room on the scale and to be honest in my jeans :p
  • snaps27
    Options

Oh my gosh! You're so right! Thanks.
  • thecarbmonster
    Options
    I'm thankful for you @flumi! I'm glad you share the things you still struggle with and want to work on! It's definitely such an important part of this thing that we identify what we still need to work on and crack away at them or keep them in check vs ignore them until we're back up X pounds. You're inspiration just for being you, not just for your amazing weight loss and maintenance!!!

I'm curious if anyone has been still doing intermittent fasting and how it's going. I definitely haven't done it the last few weeks lol. One thing I can definitely share though is that my hunger does not change or lessen if I eat earlier. So many people say that a big breakfast helps keep them satisfied during the day, but for me, it's just starts my mental "oh, it's time to eat? let's eat ALL THE THINGS!!!!".

Instead, I thrive when I eat later. Once I start eating it's all I think about and can't stop. However, if I wait, skip that initial craving/need/uncontrollable desire for Chickfila breakfast lol I won't think to eat or need to eat until the afternoon. I feel better when I eat later. Eating later in the day means I don't need as much before going to bed, so I eat less. I eat because I need to fuel my body vs filling it up with anything within arms reach or fast food drive-thru range.

My biggest downfall during my breaks has been the obsession with Chickfila breakfast again. I think it is laced with crack. I even dream about it. It's not even that great, but there is just something that makes me look forward to it, plan my day around it, etc. So in 2015, I will sign a pledge that I DO NOT NEED CHICKFILA BREAKFAST. The most I will allow myself to eat at Chickfila is twice a month. That is it. I think that is a good balance where I won't drive myself crazy by depriving myself. That is the #1 thing I've learned in this diet is that I've been successful because I can still have those things if they fit in my TDEE days. But while on my break, I didn't even think about TDEE! I just went hog wild haha.

Anyways, this isn't a 2015 resolution, but a life realization and change for the better :P

(Anyone doing resolutions???? I personally try to stay away haha.)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Thanks Carb! I have achieved alot and am proud of that, but I'm human and far from perfect. Being overweight to obese all of my life, I still don't realize, I'm not anymore. And I know my eating habits are far from healed.... Don't know that they ever will be. Just have to stay on my toes. I'm not a fast food or take out person, I just love food and can go over my tdee on the healthy stuff as well as on chocolate, cookies and ice cream.

I did a few more days with 16:8 that turned out to be more 14-15/10-9.... Seems skipping breakfast on a fast day is absolutely no prob for me. Skipping it on a non fast day is another story. I think, this is just mental. It's like I can cope better with hunger pangs on my fast days than on the non fast days. And I know, if I eat breakfast, I will be hungry at coffee break and at lunch.... So what I did do during work, was skip breakfast at home and eat a selfmade breakfast during my break shortly before 10h. That worked OK. I don't think, I will ever be a total lover of 16:8 though. But there are days, when it helps me save some cals for later. So I look at it as another tool to use when I please. I might keep skipping brekkie at home during the week, thus not eating until 10h, as soon as I get back to work on the 5th.

You definitely should not deprive yourself of chickafila! I think twice a month is a good compromise. Maybe after a while you won't miss it at all. That happened to me with bread for breakfast. In the beginning I just had other alternatives during the week, then all of a sudden, I didn't even eat bread on Sat/Sun morning. It's not always like that, but often.

No real resolutions on my end, just goals. My goal is to reach 54kg by June (preferably earlier) and do some intensive ab training in April and May. This is to get ready for my second corrective surgery. 1-1.5kg of skin should be removed, so I would even have a bit of 'weight leeway' for my recovery time. I was fit, strong and healthy for the first one and all went well. I shall do the same and expect the same again :)
  • flumi_f
    Options
  • uptightoutasight
    uptightoutasight Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Who else looked at the scales this morning? I wasn’t going to look till Friday but risked it after fasting yesterday. First time on the scales since before xmas. And I was nervous. Only fasted once over xmas week and obviously ate and drank much more than usual as well as sitting around more.

Thank goodness I am happy with the result and don’t seem to have gained over xmas unless it was a freak result! I only ate about 370 calls yesterday although it wasn’t really on purpose.

It is funny really because to start with yesterday was harder than usual. I actually felt hungry at breakfast time even though I am never hungry at breakfast time any other day fasting or not! Pushed through it and am looking forward to my weigh in on my actual weigh in day on Friday.
    Even the sun has come out today!
    @Flumi, it looks beautiful. It must be harder in a cold climate because I always want those heavier meals and comfort foods then and going for a walk doesn't look easy!
    @thecarbmonster, what is NSV and what on earth is a chickfila? All very intriguing!
    Good luck everyone!
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hi all!
    Scanned through the thread quickly and just wanted to reply.
    Flum-great job! You are an inspiration!
    Carb-I'm with you, I do much better if I hold my calories until dinner. If I eat them early all I think about is food.
    Uptight-I haven't braved the scale yet, maybe after another fast day I'll find the courage. Congrats on the weight control!

I'm currently fighting a sickness, unfortunately it's the kind where you want food :(
    Tomorrow I Will Fast!!! It will help me get better quicker. I was the last one in my family to get sick and everyone is still sluggish. All I'm pretty much good for is a Gilmore Girls marathon on the couch. I literally just crawled up the stairs to get medicine.

I'm happy to have this week off of work but I invisioned much greater plans.

Cheers to staying healthy!!!!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Oh chiccam! What a way to spend the week off
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Uptight - NSV is a non scale victory
  • uptightoutasight
    uptightoutasight Posts: 69 Member
    Options