My 3-month Jillian Michaels Plan for 2015

Options
eahouston
eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
I thought I'd share the 3-month rotation of Jillian Michaels workouts I just made in case anyone wants to use it as an idea for making a plan, or even follow it yourself :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvQ_yb1V4jHwdF9WbnNHYTZXZmk3bFlrS0xLOTRUcnc&usp=sharing

I made it through 30 Day Shred once, and while I loved the results, I just got so sick of doing the same workout so many days in a row. So I liked the idea of Body Revolution, with the progressive workouts, but I only got about halfway through it before moving onto something else last time I attempted it. I like some of Jillian's other workouts better than BR, so I wanted to throw my favorites into my own mix.

Basically the plan is 5 days of Jillian each week. (I like to do barre/ballet and non-Jillian yoga throughout my week, so I am active every day. With the new year, it's time to amp things up from what I've been doing lately though. Jillian time!) It goes through the first 2 phases of Body Revolution over the 3 months, doing each workout just once a week. I'm kinda scared of Phase 3 haha, so I just spread out the two phases. Maybe I'll attempt Phase 3 in April if I don't need a Jillian break lol. If you're more ambitions than I am, you could try one phase each month instead.

Who else is going to be focusing on Jillian workouts in the new year??

Replies

• JanetL86
    JanetL86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like how your plan combines a bunch of workouts.

I don't have that many yet, so I plan on sticking to Jillian 5 times a week with Monday and Thursdays as my days off. I'mg going to start off doing her ripped in 30 mainly the week 1 workout until I'm ready for week 2, but if I start to get bored, I might try one of the other weeks workouts or do one of the 30 day shred workouts.

I have her kickboxing dvd and I don't think I'm anywhere near ready for that yet. Might try that again in February. And in case of a day where I'm either too sore or just not in the mood for something intense as jillian, I plan on making it either a long bike ride or a long walk day (which I planned out that is about 4-5 miles).
  • eahouston
    Options
    Sounds great! I've done 5 Jillian workouts so far this year. (I'm having Sunday and Wednesday be my off-days.) My mom joined me for the first 3 workouts, but she's been nursing a sore back this week. Hoping she's ready to join me for more Body Revolution on Thursday :) I'm sure I'll substitute sometimes, especially her cardio DVDs. I think Jillian's best when she combines strength, cardio, and abs rather than just focusing on cardio. Hope your year is off to a good start!
  • jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    This plan looks great!

I love Jillian's DVDs and it is how I have lost the majority of my weight so far (30lbs down since August, 24lbs to go).

Had a major set back over Christmas, eating what seemed like my bodyweight in mince pies and I have gained back 5/6lbs (OK, so more like 30lbs to go!)

I have got most of her DVDs and mix and match them depending on what I feel I need to do and how much energy I've got!

Unfortunately, I can't get the Body Revolution as I live in the UK and it isn't available here, but I think I've got the rest. They are definitely going to be my focus for the first part of this year.

Just out of interest, what do you record the JM DVDs as for exercise on here?

And which do you think is the best in terms of overall workout and calorie burn?
  • eahouston
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far! I didn't realize Body Revolution wasn't available in the UK. You might be able to find some of the Body Revolution videos on YouTube, but I'm not sure if they'd be blocked in your region. When I'm really working hard, I usually record JM as Circuit Training since that's a high calorie burn. Since I'm doing Level 1 stuff right now, I'm recording it as General Aerobics, since the calorie burn isn't as high. I don't know if it's the most accurate way to do it, but Strength Training calories, for example, are pretty low. Oooo for overall calorie burn I'd say something like Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is a good one. Do you have a favorite video?
  • jonsmithkidd
    Options
    I haven't got Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism yet. I might have to add it to the collection!

For me, I think that the best overall workouts are No More Trouble Zones and Hard Body. I definitely know that I've done some work after them!

I've just had a look and it seems that quite a few of the Body Revolution sections are on You Tube and available to watch over here, so I might have to give that a go (I need to invest in Chromecast or something similar first, or most of my time will be spent angling the laptop screen!)

I hope your plan is going well? I would be looking forward to this Saturday, I think that KickBox is the only one where I don;t really think about the work I'm doing, I just find it fun and a good way to get rid of all the stress (so maybe I should pick that one for a Saturday too!)
  • eahouston
    Options
    No More Trouble Zones is probably my favorite workout as well :) I always feel like Jillian shines in her strength work. It seems like some people don't like Hard Body as much, but I really liked it as well. So far I've been sticking to the plan, and doing lots of other workouts too! Yeah tomorrow's kickboxing will be nice ^^
  • jonsmithkidd
    Options
    Well done, sounds like it's going great for you! I did 30 DS level 1last night, trying to ease back into it. It's not easy though and amazing how much fitness/strength I've lost after just 2 weeks of not exercising.

I think I might do kickbox later as well, just to give Saturday that extra bit of fun! Then I need to sit down and do a plan like you have.
  • eahouston
    Options
    None of Jillian's workouts are a joke, that's for sure. I wasn't doing workouts as intense as Jillian's the last few months, so I actually expected to be in worse shape than I am, but so far the Level 1 stuff is going all right. I expect once I go to Workouts 3 and 4 in Body Revolution, I'll really notice the difference. Sometimes I just go with what my body's feeling like each day rather than having a plan, but I wanted to try to really go for a progression this time, so that's why I bothered with the whole planning thing hehe
  • jonsmithkidd
    Options
    Glad it's going well for you so far. It's a great idea to plan and push yourself to get progression, I know that when I got to the higher levels of her DVDs I was amazed how hard it was but also at how I could actually do it! Like you say, none of her workouts are exactly a stroll in the park though!

I had a really bad day yesterday. I had good intentions of being under calorie goals, working out and getting an early night.....but what actually happened was I went to the football, had a couple of beers and then instead of exercising, I sat up until 1am drinking wine and watching TV :-/

So tonight is definitely making up for it. Going to do Hard Body, work as hard as I can....... and then flake out on the sofa after! Hope yours goes well!

• eahouston
    Options
    This weekend has been rough for me. I had some kind of mystery rash pop up all over my skin yesterday (that still hasn't completely gone away) and female issues going on today. Luckily I got my workouts in before having to call it an early evening with Benadryl yesterday. And doubly luckily, today was my scheduled "stretch" day where I just did 2 stretching videos. My mom and I will be doing Hard Body Level 1 tomorrow :-D I find that I haven't done the later levels of her workouts nearly as much, and that's because if I'm not working up to it/progressing, then I don't push myself. But like you said, we can actually do it! Even if we modify a bit, it's awesome knowing we can challenge ourselves :-D Hope you rocked it with Hard Body!
  • jonsmithkidd
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you've not had a great weekend. I hope that Monday has started better for you (although if you're in the US I'm guessing it might still be Sunday!), that you're feeling better and your rash has gone away.

I had a good calorie day to make up for my Saturday, didn't get around to Hard Body due to running out of time, but I did Six Week Six Pack for the first time ever, which I really enjoyed, although I didn't feel worked me that hard. Having said that, it was Level 1 and it's always nice to know that there's another level you can go to.

I might try No More Trouble Zones tonight to give Monday a good kick start, depending on how much energy I have at the end of today. Still really feeling the post Christmas slump, it seems to be lasting forever this year!

Hope you have a great day and that Hard Body goes well for you later!
  • eahouston
    Options
    I love Six Week Six Pack! I can really feel it working my abs :) I should try to do that one more consistently I think hehe. Just got my Hard Body workout in for the evening. It actually was a little easier than I remembered, but I hadn't done it for a long time. Sometimes I like that her longer workouts have a little more downtime as she sets up the moves.
  • jonsmithkidd
    Options
    Well done on your workout! I was really tight on time again last night (need to start getting up earlier so I can leave work in time to fit more in!) so I did 30 Day Shred. Thought I could cope with Level 2......I did, just about, but was absolutely exhausted after. I think that you're right about the longer ones and setting up the moves. In a twenty minute one like this it really is non stop. Sometimes I'm halfway through a move, then realise I'm not doing it right!

Didn't feel Six Week Six Pack did that much, but then when it came to doing the ab exercises last night. they were already really hurting, so I guess it must have!

• Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Love her DVDS, I am currently doing 6w6p week 2 phase 1, it hurts, which in turn I know it is working.
  • jonsmithkidd
    Options
    Really glad it's working for you! I think that pain that means you know it's working is the only type of pain you can actually kind of enjoy!
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    This looks awesome, thanks for sharing. Doing the 30 Day Shred to get back a modicum of fitness before trying this out.
  • Chandler330
    Chandler330 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with the Beginner Shred, starting six week six pack this week, trying to work in kickbox fastfix whenever I can, and hopefully moving onto Shred next week. The kickboxing dvd is a "treat" workout, totally kicks my butt, but I look forward to it :D
  • jonsmithkidd
    Options
    Agree on the kickboxing, definitely a treat workout.....definitely provides the most fun, even if it doesn't work you the hardest.