So the new year is almost upon us... my exercise schedule is aiming to be

M - YAYOG
T - Jillian Micheals 30min workout
W - 30mins yoga
Th - YAYOG
F - Jillian Micheals 30min workout
S - 30mins pilates
Su - rest day

Am I incorporating too many different styles of workout? I'm going to use IIFYM for my meal planning, I'm 145lb aiming for 126lb-133lb as I want to be lean but not sure what the scale will need to say in order to achieve this. I'm going to concentrate on what the measuring tape says more as it means more. My scales do have a body fat % but again can't rely on it's accuracy but as long as that is going down and my water % going up then it will still be helpful.

Thoughts and comments please

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Whoop whoop! I will attempt to join you for YOYAG. I fell quickly out of the habit. Keep me updated :)
  • FitWithVic
    FitWithVic Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've changed the days round a bit but have done JM Body Revolution yesterday & today & yayog scheduled for the first!!!
  • aztraea
    aztraea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm just joining you guys after buying Body By You today. Planning to start on Monday!
  • FitWithVic
    Options
    So far this week I've two JM workouts, a 9 mile cycle and a circuit style workout while watching the Sound of Music, so far so good but no YAGOG!
  • FitWithVic
    Options
    Did my first YAYOG workout yesterday and it was hard going, don't enjoy it as much as a workout DVD but I want to learn to do pull ups and this will get me there!
  • RawMomma10
    RawMomma10 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Been off the last few months due to injury but back at it. I'm doing fasted cardio and YAYOG... I hate the ladders lol but it's a great program... Went they the 12 week one before... Totally struggled but saw changes. Due to injury I can't lift heavy weights yet but can do the yayog.... Super stoked to be well enough to hit it and be consistent this time thru.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    How's YAYOG going, ladies?
  • mom3over40
    mom3over40 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new on this group and actually using the Body by You book. Yesterday just finished Week one, Day one of Cycle 2. Here is usually what I do:

Sun: BBY
    Mon: run ~30 mins/3 miles
    Tue: BBY
    Wed: run ~30 mins/3 miles
    Thur: BBY + occasionally swimming 20-30 mins
    Fri: run ~30 mins/3miles
    Sat: rest

I am not too fond of those 3 sets of 12 reps at the end of cycle one... I got bored towards the end of the sets/reps. I see the Cycle 2 has less reps on day 2 and day 3. I hope it would be more enjoyable :)
  • CMcD1445
    CMcD1445 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I just started YAYOG (Basic) this month and thought I'd try to find some support on here.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying the YAYOG book and worked out with just that for a week. This week, I downloaded the videos (DVDs) from Mark Lauren's website and did my first work out yesterday (timed sets). It was tough but went really quickly! I am already seeing results around my waist!
  • mom3over40
    Options
    Good to see some new faces... But this seems to be a super quiet group... So, do you work on a 4-day program?
  • Holla4mom
    Options
    I've been doing the DVD so it's only 3 days a week. I did start off with the book which is a four day program and may go back to that at some point.
  • Holla4mom
    Options
    I've lost several inches around my waist.
  • mom3over40
    Options
    Wow! That's great!
  • Holla4mom
    Options
    Any updates? I had to take a break because I overextended myself when I jumped up to the Intermediate level and started doing more upper body work. I was in a car accident (everyone was fine, thank God) and the airbag hit my chest and exacerbated the soreness so I've scaled back.