Starting on Monday - Any Advice?

Options
vicky1804
vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
Morning all,
Just joined the group as im starting Insanity for the 1st time on Monday.
Iv read alot of post etc.

So anyone who's done/doing Insanity have any advice for a newbie?

Thanks
Vicky

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    take pictures and measurements, dont weigh yourself.

make sure you are eating well to fuel your workouts!
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    take pictures and measurements, dont weigh yourself.

make sure you are eating well to fuel your workouts!

Well-said!

If you can help it, don't press pause when you need a break. Do the best you can and go at your own pace.
  • SwimSoccerTaxi
    SwimSoccerTaxi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Insanity.....take your measurements and Day 1 pictures (trust me, you won't regret it). Proper form over speed....you will hear Shaun T say this over and over....it's so true and very important!!! Don't try to go at the same pace as those in the DVD's.....they are all athletes or coaches who have been doing this stuff for awhile, go at YOUR pace....you will get better as you get stronger!

EAT....if you are hungry then eat....your body will need more carbs and protein (carbs for after the workout....protein throughout the day to re-fuel you for the next workout).

ENJOY....I love Insanity and look forward to it everyday....I hope you do too!!!
  • gorgeoouslady
    Options
    Take a picture of before insanity, day 1, day 15, day 30, day 45, day 60 or day 63. Take measurement of your body and eat healthy well. Please get muscle gel to massage where your body will get sore in first or second week before it will get better in 2 or 3 weeks of first month. Keep press playing while if you need a break until you ready to back on track.
    Morning all,
    Just joined the group as im starting Insanity for the 1st time on Monday.
    Iv read alot of post etc.

So anyone who's done/doing Insanity have any advice for a newbie?

Thanks
    Vicky