Week 1, Day 1!

Options
the_new_robin2013
the_new_robin2013 Posts: 69 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
How did you do!? Did you have to stop the video? did you go full torque all the way through? half way through? Did you give 100% or do you think you could have done better??

Replies

• miriams76
    miriams76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The workouts (1 & 5) were okay, obviously targeted towards beginners, but adding 10lb weights made some of the easier moves significantly harder. I'm really struggling with the no-carb kickstart diet plan on the first day though :o Thank goodness it's only for seven days because there's no way I'd be able to do 3 months of no grains, fruit, and one serve of dairy. I didn't know that she recommended splitting the two workouts a day for the kickstart week into am and pm - I did them both this morning but will split them for the rest of the week.
  • the_new_robin2013
    Options
    Hmmmm doesn't seem like anyone else did??
  • the_new_robin2013
    Options
    That's awesome Miriam!!! So this is the kickstart week you are doing?
  • miriams76
    Options
    Yes, actually yesterday morning after I posted I found pdf copies online of her fitness guide, kickstart diet and the regular diet so I'm going to try and follow those. The person had also put avi files of the workouts so won't link to it here because not sure what legal ramifications for MFP might be if they're doing it without permission. Workout 2 went well...will do workout 5 this evening. Wasn't quite as difficult to go low carb today though eyeing off all the fruit in our fridge longingly..
  • mysweetsurrender
    mysweetsurrender Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi Robin, Miriam and everyone, I didn't get a chances to respond to the post yesterday. I am off to a great start. I haven't had much difficulty. I like the fact that the program progresses as it goes along and doesn't start off hard, that can often be discouraging. I will not be doing the kickstart diet. I don't think I can live without carbs. Although I will be using some of the suggested meals from it. Love Greek yogurt with cinnamon and almonds. Yummy.
    Remember we're in this together, we can and we will do this.
  • michelle0989
    michelle0989 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I got BR for Christmas. I started on 12/28 and did the second workout yesterday... I didn't find them extremely difficult but my muscles were burning during it and I am SUPER sore the day after, but it's a good kind of burn!!! I can tell it's targeting muscles I have rarely ever worked out before. Can't wait to continue!
  • miriams76
    Options
    Yeah, my muscles are really burning the day after the second workout. I keep telling myself "it's just one week, it's just one week" when it comes to the no carbs. I'm finding the 'no fruit' rule to be the hardest thing. It's summer here and we had a whole bunch of it in the fridge. I made a huge fruit salad last night for my family so it wouldn't stay in there taunting me - pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, green grapes, black grapes, apple, apricots and plums. It looked delicious :s Otherwise I'm enjoying Jillian's recipes so far though.
  • JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I did workout 1 and 2 today to get on track. I have OCD and it would bother me to be off a day otherwise. So far, the workouts are familiar moves and not too difficult. I will try to do the more advanced moves next week. My exercise has been almost nonexistent since October. Jillian has never failed in getting me results. Hoping to make it the full 90 days with no excuses!
  • RS3khon
    RS3khon Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Just joined! I started on the 29th. I unfortunately don't have that much time to dedicate to do the kickstart plan, so I'm just starting week 1 normal plan. I did ripped in 30 before this and I think that's why the first video had felt too easy. I definitely felt it the next day though! My upper back and triceps are sore!! I didn't even think I worked them out that much! I bought a heart monitor recently and it showed that I burned through ~300 calories per workout so far, so I'm definitely still getting my butt kicked. I'm not sticking to the meal plan but I am sticking to 1200 calories a day. I eat pretty healthy with lots of fruits, veggies, & protein, so I'm not going to stress about making the foods she recommends and such (no time!). I'm giving myself a higher calorie day of 1400 once a week, just so that my body doesn't get too used to the low cals (had slow weight loss & plateau'd awhile back and this seemed to help). Some of her meal plan is quick and easy though so I did try some of her recipes. Love love love the goat cheese breakfast toast honey raspberry one! Excited to be doing the workouts with all of you! I hope you all kick butt!
  • the_new_robin2013
    Options
    Awesome to see !!! I've just been at work all day and will be able to reply to everyone tomorrow!!!!
  • erinp523
    erinp523 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello. I just found this group this morning. I started body revolution on the 29th. Not doing the kick start or following the meal plan but trying to stay at about 1340 calories and hoping to reduce over time. I have been incredibly sore this week but I am feeling amazing and definitely less bloated. I tend to crap out after a few weeks when doing these 90 day programs but I love Jillian workouts and I need to make some changes. Looking forward to my accomplishments through this program!
  • ketpatt
    ketpatt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Fridays workout done! the first weeks workouts didt seem that intense but my body still got sore.. feeling good so far. :)
  • the_new_robin2013
    Options
    Hi Robin, Miriam and everyone, I didn't get a chances to respond to the post yesterday. I am off to a great start. I haven't had much difficulty. I like the fact that the program progresses as it goes along and doesn't start off hard, that can often be discouraging. I will not be doing the kickstart diet. I don't think I can live without carbs. Although I will be using some of the suggested meals from it. Love Greek yogurt with cinnamon and almonds. Yummy.
    Remember we're in this together, we can and we will do this.
    Hello!!! Yes i completely agree!!! Sometimes go hard or go home usually results in going home and not coming back lol!!! I am not doing the kick start either, and can not do the meal plans until after the 15th of January lol. Just living off what's in my cupboards until payday!!! Yes Greek yogurt is amazing!!!! Another amazing breakfast for those on the go are egg queish (spelling). I like to make them in a muffin pan and have 2 a day for breakfast on the go!! Pop them in the mic for 30 seconds and ready to eat!!! We can definitely do this!!!
  • the_new_robin2013
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I got BR for Christmas. I started on 12/28 and did the second workout yesterday... I didn't find them extremely difficult but my muscles were burning during it and I am SUPER sore the day after, but it's a good kind of burn!!! I can tell it's targeting muscles I have rarely ever worked out before. Can't wait to continue!
    Hey Michelle :). Couldn't agree with you more!!! This program is especially great for a new year start because it progresses into intensity. However if you want to intensify definitely do more reps or add more weights!!! Or do two rounds!!!
  • the_new_robin2013
    Options
    miriams76 wrote: »
    Yeah, my muscles are really burning the day after the second workout. I keep telling myself "it's just one week, it's just one week" when it comes to the no carbs. I'm finding the 'no fruit' rule to be the hardest thing. It's summer here and we had a whole bunch of it in the fridge. I made a huge fruit salad last night for my family so it wouldn't stay in there taunting me - pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, green grapes, black grapes, apple, apricots and plums. It looked delicious :s Otherwise I'm enjoying Jillian's recipes so far though.
    I could not go without fruit or carbs!!!! Lol
  • the_new_robin2013
    Options
    JMRod wrote: »
    I did workout 1 and 2 today to get on track. I have OCD and it would bother me to be off a day otherwise. So far, the workouts are familiar moves and not too difficult. I will try to do the more advanced moves next week. My exercise has been almost nonexistent since October. Jillian has never failed in getting me results. Hoping to make it the full 90 days with no excuses!

Good on you and I'm completely the same!!!!! Lol my work outs have slacked this past year. So lets get this 90 days done!!!
  • the_new_robin2013
    Options
    RS3khon wrote: »
    Hello there! Just joined! I started on the 29th. I unfortunately don't have that much time to dedicate to do the kickstart plan, so I'm just starting week 1 normal plan. I did ripped in 30 before this and I think that's why the first video had felt too easy. I definitely felt it the next day though! My upper back and triceps are sore!! I didn't even think I worked them out that much! I bought a heart monitor recently and it showed that I burned through ~300 calories per workout so far, so I'm definitely still getting my butt kicked. I'm not sticking to the meal plan but I am sticking to 1200 calories a day. I eat pretty healthy with lots of fruits, veggies, & protein, so I'm not going to stress about making the foods she recommends and such (no time!). I'm giving myself a higher calorie day of 1400 once a week, just so that my body doesn't get too used to the low cals (had slow weight loss & plateau'd awhile back and this seemed to help). Some of her meal plan is quick and easy though so I did try some of her recipes. Love love love the goat cheese breakfast toast honey raspberry one! Excited to be doing the workouts with all of you! I hope you all kick butt!

Lol sometimes the "I barely broke a sweat" work outs are the ones that cause the "I can barely move my arms" the next day lol!!!! No worries about the meal plan. As long as u are sticking to eating right that's all that matters!! I personally can't do their meal plans as I usually plan on a fly haha. Glad to have you with us!!!
  • the_new_robin2013
    Options
    erinp523 wrote: »
    Hello. I just found this group this morning. I started body revolution on the 29th. Not doing the kick start or following the meal plan but trying to stay at about 1340 calories and hoping to reduce over time. I have been incredibly sore this week but I am feeling amazing and definitely less bloated. I tend to crap out after a few weeks when doing these 90 day programs but I love Jillian workouts and I need to make some changes. Looking forward to my accomplishments through this program!

No prob! Welcome to the group!! It's small but the point is the results!!! I know the long programs can suck lol but keep at it with us and I'm sure it will be worth it!!
  • the_new_robin2013
    Options
    ketpatt wrote: »
    Fridays workout done! the first weeks workouts didt seem that intense but my body still got sore.. feeling good so far. :)
    Awesome job!!!!!! Keep it going!!!
  • miriams76
    Options
    Following the meal plans exactly would be fantastic if you had a) a personal chef to shop and cook for you or you had a spare four hours each day to devote to it and b) enough space in your fridge/cupboards to store the multitude of ingredients you will need to cook each recipe at roughly fortnightly intervals (pretty much guaranteeing that some of the key items would have gone off in the meantime).

The recipes are great, I'm sure the plan has been well thought-out for optimal nutrition (ie not getting too much of one thing or the other). I'm not so sure it's been well thought out as to the realities of everyday life (eg why not have the leftovers from last nights dinner for lunch the next day?). I mentioned this to my husband because I was feeling a bit annoyed about it (formerly being really gung-ho about following the whole plan, not just the kickstart) and he said it was probably designed for someone with 200lbs+ to lose and who really needed to overhaul their lifeling eating habits.

Still I'm concerned there will be this niggling thought at the end of the program of "what if I could have gotten even better results if I had followed the meal plan to the letter" :#