Maple syrup

Options
Jerilang
Jerilang Posts: 23 Member
I'm new to this forum, so I asked this question on another page, and think perhaps this is a better place. I entered 2 teas of maple syrup in my coffee (decided to try that instead of the raw sugar I usually use) and 0 sugar was the result. How can that be?

Replies

• kathf123
    kathf123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think that maple syrup entry is wrong (sometimes entries for certain foods are incorrect). 2 tsp of the trader joes maple syrup I use has 8.8g of sugar. (About the same amount as using white sugar)
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Yes, the entry is wrong. The database is member created...always double check. If something seems wrong or too good to be true, then I would check it either on the package or if it's not in a package, try google.
  • Jerilang
    Jerilang Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you for these replies. I'm just not willing to stop adding a sweetener to my coffee, and I do not like the flavor of some of the 'natural' sweeteners without calories, so I opted for maple syrup which blends fast, tastes good, and has just a few nutrients. I was using raw sugar, takes forever to melt, and I guess is probably about the same calories and sugars? How do we correct the database if it's wrong?