MFP Carbs to net carbs

Options
2»

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    MFP's userbase is international and different labelling conventions are used in different places. Fibre is not part of carbohydrates in the UK/EU or I think Australia so look carefully at the numbers.
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Kathy in France. I do not subtract the fiber from the carbs to get net carbs. To ME a carb is a carb fiber and all.

Deansdad. I think you missed that I try to stay under 20 carbs a day counting my veggies to lose weight. Later in maintenance I think I will be able to move up to about 50 grams like the time I was doing this for 10 years and kept my weight very low. I think my personal tolerance is about 50 for that. To lose I need to be lower in carbs.

I know the LC did not cause my thyroid problem. I believe it was the huge stress I was under due to an abusive relationship with then husband and adoptive mother. I finally blew both off and started living a more emotionally healthy life. BUT at the time when my whole body was shutting down and I was in excruciating pain and exhaustion from the lack of thyroid I was grasping at straws ,in my brain, to come up with a reason for the pain and weight gain.

Even the book you recommended, which I am now going by, says there are three levels of WOE. Two for loosing and one to maintain 8+ 4+ 2+. Even the least strict stays within 50 or lower carbs. Honestly if I thought I would have to be so strict on my intake of carbs (20 or less) as I am now to lose weight I would give up before I got started. I am looking for the day the weight is gone and I can be less concerned with eating a few more veggies. I am not taking about going out and eating cake and bread.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Alliwan wrote: »
    BTW Dragonwolf, none of the scripts on the page you linked worked for me. Which stinks cause having a break down of every meal and a pie chart on my page would have been very cool.

Missed this part last time I replied.

You need to load the Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) extension in order to use the scripts. Once you have it installed, if you click on the .JS files in the following links, the extension should pick them up and ask if you want to install them. Then, make sure your diary includes both carbs and fibre, and the one script will calculate net carbs and give you the fun little graph. The other script will allow you more control over adjusting your macro goals in the settings page.

https://github.com/Surye/mfp-keto-userscript (this is the one with the graph and net carbs calculation)
    http://karoshiethos.com/2013/08/13/javascript-bookmarklet-for-enhanced-macro-goals-in-myfitnesspal/ (this is the one that improves the macro goals in settings)
  • CARoberts73
    CARoberts73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Dragonwolf, I was able to do it with your input!

Greasemonkey did not automatically grab it for me, if that happens to anyone else, you can copy and paste the script and add it to Greasemonkey as a new script. I got it to work after about 15 minutes and a minimum of 15 swear words. ;) I know it's simple math to figure out but dammit, I want the thing to do what I want it to do. And now it does.....