Introduce Yourself

Options
lawyerette
lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
Hi Mommies!

As we are getting the group page built out, why don't we get acquainted? Please tell us your name, where you live, the names/ages of your little ones, and what you are hoping to get out of completing the Bikini Body Mommy challenge.

Replies

• lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm Elizabeth. Originally from San Diego, California, I have lived in the DC Metro area (Alexandria, Virginia) for almost 9 years. I recently married and had my first baby - a little girl named Reagan. She's 8 months old now and I am back at work full time. I was very fit when I got married, but between an unplanned c-section and tough recovery and work, I haven't lost much of the baby weight (still up 35lbs). With the new year, I'm ready to get back on the exercise circuit and get my body in shape so we can try for #2 this summer!
  • lms07
    lms07 Posts: 1
    Options
    HI! my name is Lindsey and I currently live in San Diego. I was in the military and my husband is currently still in deployed in Bahrain. We are getting ready to move to Japan. I just had my 3rd baby in 3 years and have a lot of weight to lose. I literally just finished 2.0 and am ready for 3.0. I know I have lost a lot of weight but I have 3 babies worth of weight to lose and would feel most comfortable 60 lbs less and back to what I was before babies. I am a realist though and just losing 40 more lbs will make me comfortable. I can't wait to get to know you girls and start the next challenge!
  • lakhena
    lakhena Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I have never lived in San Diego, but I'm also in the DC area, and have been here for almost nine years as well! My little one (#2) is 16 months now, and sadly enough, I still haven't lost the baby weight, from either child! I hadn't heard of Bikini Body Mommy before, but I'm open to trying it out.

And Elizabeth, I'm always up for meeting other mommies in the area (especially if you want to work out together!).
  • tonya2086
    Options
    Hey! My name is Tonya. I have a boy who will be 4 at the end of January. A girl who will be 3 at the end of February and a boy is almost 14 months old. (3 babies in less than 3 years) I lost most my weight after my second and lost almost all of it before the holidays so looking forward to getting back on track :)
  • tali0626
    tali0626 Posts: 2
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm Tracee. I live in Dallas, TX and am happily married with two daughters who are growing up fast. It's time for me to get going again, so I want to lose weight, get fit, and feel better about myself. Looking forward to the challenge!
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My name is Kelly, I'm from Grimsby Ontario Canada and was part of Elizabeth's group for brides. I just had my daughter who is 2 months old and I still have 20lbs of baby weight to lose and I would like to lose 30 more on top of that. I have never done the bikini challenge either but I am up to giving it a try. I can't wait to get started.
  • asroux
    asroux Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Ashley and I am from Northern Illinois and have lived here for most of my life. I have 2 year old and a 3 year old daughters and work full time as a software developer. I have been married for 6 years and would love to get back into the shape I was in on my wedding day. Between work and the little ones, I have made too many excuses why I cannot get back in the shape I was in 6 years ago. 2015 if the year of no more flab!! :wink:
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am Brie and live in Monterey, CA. I have 2 little girls (2 &5) and work full time. I have always been in fairly good shape however each pregnancy left me with about 5-10lbs of baby weight. Though at this point I can't really blame them! I got serious this fall and lost about 8 lbs. I would like to lose 5-10 more and tone up my arms and mid-section. I run 3-4 days a week. I need motivation to do more though.
  • scotcorrina
    Options
    Hello. My name is Corrina and I live in Florida. I am a SAHM and last year did a 90 day challenge and lost 30 pounds and was 10 pounds away from my goal weight. I was beyond excited. We then moved and while our house was being finished we lived in our camper. It was suppose to be 3 weeks. We love camping so we thought it would be fine. 6 months later and we are finally in the house. Needless to say, I have gained all of that weight back. I was not able to workout and we ate out for almost all three meals for 6 months. I am ready to get back in a routine and get this weight off of me. It has been so hard since having my second. He was 10 pounds and completely destroyed my body. Being on the challenge kept me in check and kept me motivated.
  • sgc811
    Options
    Hi, I'm Shana. I live in NC. I have a 4 month old little boy. I work full time at a small engine shop. I gained 59lbs while I was pregnant and I've lost 37lbs so far not really trying. The scales have not moved in over a month! I can't find time to exercise or cook healthy meals. I am not happy with the way I look or feel, and it's time for a change.
  • peridot1383
    peridot1383 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Marielle. I also live in NC but we'll be moving to CT in Feb/March 2015. I have an 8.5 month old girl named Mara and I do completely love being a mommy butttt I really need to get this weight off of me. I had a tough pregnancy with swelling and gained 84 lbs in total. I've lost about 50 of it so far and have 34 to get to pre pregnancy weight. However, I had just moved to NC when I got pregnant and had gained about 15-20 lbs of beer drinking, socializing weight that I need gone too. We really hope we can try for baby number two next summer around when we got pregnant with Mara but I absolutely cannot get pregnant until I at least hit my pre preg. My body just can't take it. I am excited for the accountability and welcome anyone to friend me here on MFP!
  • palee16
    palee16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Liz and I live in Alexandria, VA (DC Area). I have a 6yo and a 4yo and have about 25lbs to lose. I have done bikini body mommy before and various beach body DVDs ( have 21day fix now) over the past year. I lost about 15lbs last year and am looking to continue the momentum. While I am not from and have never lived in San Diego, we did vacation there with my kids last year! Beautiful area! Our cousins will be stationed in Tijuana with the State Dept soon, so I may find my way back there again. :)
  • rpoulson
    Options
    Hello, my name is Rachel and I live in Delaware. I have two boys, 6 and 2. I don't want to lose anymore weight but I'd like to tone up. I've had 2 c-sections so I know there isn't much I can do for the pouch but I'd like to give it a shot. Thank you for setting this up. It should be fun!
  • lizmoysey
    Options
    Hi! I'm Liz and I live in Fairfax, VA. My daughter Skylar is 8 months old. I used to have all the time in the world to exercise, so I would train for triathlons and work out twice a day. HA! No time for that anymore! I've lost about 1/2 the weight from my pregnancy, but I'm still heavier than I've ever been. I would like to lose 30 pounds. I could certainly use the motivation of a great group of mommies! :) Thanks for creating this group!
  • kayciekross
    Options
    My name is Kaycie. I currently live in Michigan but am making a big move to Arizona in 10 days. I have a 4 month baby girl born the end of August. I was unable to workout after a tough c-section and I am looking forward to getting back to a workout routine. I just want my pre-baby body (or something close to it) back!!! :-)
  • bestmeicanbe1
    bestmeicanbe1 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Brandi. Born and raised in Wisconsin. I have two little ones 5 and 2. I weigh less now then I did before I got pregnant with #2 but need to lose 28 lbs more to be my pre pregnancy for #1. I want to lose 33 lbs total. My goal for this challenge is to lose 16.5 lbs.
  • abarbour126
    Options
    Hi! I'm Amanda and I live in Wilmington, NC. My daughter, Natalie, will be 7 mo old on the 1st. I packed on some serious LBs and had an unexpected C-section and tough recovery. I've lost some weight, but have a lot to tone and tighten. I'm a bridesmaid in a destination wedding in St Croix in May and can not even imagine getting in a bathing suit!
  • travelgal24
    travelgal24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi mammas! I'm Lauren. I had my sweet baby boy Benjamin in July. My goal is to drop 10 pounds by this summer so I can be back to my pre-baby weight before starting the cycle again in trying for baby #2. I need more accountability and less cake! Headed to Mexico in February for a beach vacay so I have some extra motivation this month.
  • janice78
    Options
    Hi All!! My name is Janice and I have lived in Alexandria for quite a long time. I am recently married and we have a 4month old baby girl named Zahra❤️
    I went back to work in early November and I thought I was on track to loosing all of the baby weight but then the holidays came sweeping by! So I need to loose 10-15 pounds and I'm struggling to get these pounds off. I have always been very active...running, swimming, hot yoga but I have never tried anything like this so I am super excited and if anyone in the area would like to workout together when in need of that extra motivation well I will be up to that too!
  • sumita3
    Options
    HI All!! My name is Sumita and I was born and raised in Alexandria. I am married and we have a sweet 2 month old baby boy Declan.
    I am going back to work starting the 5th and will need all the motivation I can get to workout :) I was lucky and only gained 16lbs during my pregnancy (I was a tad overweight before) and lost about 24 lbs since delivery. I would like to lose about 20lbs more and tone up. I am so excited to start this challenge.

I am also up for meeting new mommies in the area to workout or just hang out :)