Resistance Cables

Options
JeriAnne84
JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
Did you guys get the Jillian Michaels resistance cables or another brand? I just got a Gold's Gym one from Wal-Mart and its too short for me and I'm not able to do some of the workouts and have to switch to weights. I need to get a new one and I was just wondering what you all had.

Replies

• beautifulciera
    beautifulciera Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I dont have JM's cable...but

I bought some off ebay..they came from china lol. They popped on first use. So I bought a heavy duty resistance cable from rite aide...works perfect and adds super resistance (10 lb resistance be the way..talk about burn!)
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    Oh crap. I won't get the ones from China then! lol I don't think we have a Rite Aide in town, maybe Walgreens or something like that has some. If mine were a bit longer or if I was a bit shorter they would be perfect.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    yeah the ones from chine was definitely too short for me....and the thing is I'm short lol. So that was crazy, but yeah I'm sure walgreens has some, I saw a lot of fitness equipment in mines last week.
  • qhiggins86
    qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what my resistance bands are, but I snatched them from my husband. They work ok, but I'm too stubborn to spend anymore money than I already have! Lol
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    I wish I knew what my parents had at their house. I used theirs over Christmas and they were nice AND long enough. I asked my dad and he has no idea.
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    I just ordered the Jillian Michaels level 1 & 2 resistance cables. We will see how these work. They are adjustable so maybe I can make it long enough to do some of the workouts I couldn't do before with my other cable. They will be here just in time for me to start BR over! WOOOHOOO!!
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    How much did they cost, I just might get me one. Even though my cable is really thick, I'm still scared it might pop if I push it too much.
  • JeriAnne84
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I found used ones for 10 bucks each but the new ones were $19. That's what they were on Amazon.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    Hmmm I'm definitely going to look them up.
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    I got them in the mail yesterday! Yesterday was my rest day and I start week 11 today, so I'll get to try them out in a workout. I messed with them a bit yesterday, trying out one of the moves I couldn't do with my other one. They're nice because they are adjustable so you can make them longer or shorter. Plus, the cable is thin and has some fabric on it, which would have been really nice during workout 10 because in circut 2 you double it up, hold it about shoulder length and pull it out while doing backwards lunges. My hands were all sweaty and they would start slipping on my other cord. These would have had some more grip to them and less fear of snapping myself in the face. lol
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    I tried them last night on workout 11 (which was awful but do able). They work great! I used the level 1 one last night. I think I'll finish out this round of BR with level 1 resistance cord and then on my 2nd time around use the level 2. I didn't have to wrap them around my feet for workout 11, but with how thin the cord is compared to my old one, I'll actually be able to get it around my foot twice! yay!
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    You say level 1 and level 2 resistance cable? There are different levels of the cord, or you get multiple cords in the package? Being able to wrap the cord around twice is impossible for me too, my heavy duty cord is so thick lol, and if that thing snaps me in the face I just may have to go to the ER lol
  • JeriAnne84
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I had to buy them seperately, but I got them used, but I don't think they come together, at least I haven't seen them packaged together. My old cord was way too thick to wrap around more than once. I'm glad I got them. I wouldn't have been able to use my old cord for the resistance cable push ups, it would have been waaaaay too short. I was always scared about the old cord snapping me in my face. lol
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    Woow! resistance cable push ups? lol ~ I can only imagine what that must be like. I saw some cables online for about $25....idk about that one lol. Maybe..... I need to test my cable and see if I'm even able to wrap twice...it's thick, but you never know.
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    Resistance cable push ups are hard. And I smacked myself in the head the other day with my cable handle while doing them. lol I didn't have a very good grip. Whoa! $25?! Yeah I'd see if your cable will go around twice before dropping $25. I mean I did drop $25 on cables, but I got 2 of them, plus the shipping.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    that's a good deal! which website did you find them on?
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    I found them on Amazon, but they were used. But they're in great condition!