2015 Resolutions

Options
ronercat
ronercat Posts: 273 Member
I figured I would create a place where we could list some of our resolutions.

My first resolution is to be as consistent at going to the gym and exercising as I was during the summer. I have the gym buddies all set up so it shouldn't be too difficult.

My second resolution is one that will most likely take two years, but I want to get back down to what I weighed at the end of 2007. I was just finishing up my time in Brazil and I was quite a bit smaller and healthier.

5dee0tl8ldep.jpg

This is before I was at my smallest, but it is the closest picture I have available on this computer. I can get there, I just have to make sure I am working to get there.

Along with these two goals I also have the desire to be able to jump and touch the basketball rim. I am fairly tall and was able to do it in the past so it should be possible.

I think those are a solid three (weight related) resolutions I have. If I can think of any others or feel that these need to be modified, I will be back.

-Zac

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this post. I am going to seriously think about setting a few achievable goals for 2015 and if I cud post a pic from my iPad of a photo when I was thin......it would be a black and white photo when I was a kid! Lol I will get back with you guys . Vegas is predicting SNOW tomorrow night, so may freeze my bum off ( hummmm interesting way to lose about oh....25 pounds!) lol
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I don't make New Year's resolutions personally. I find they set me up for instant failure. But I do try to list some goals to work on every year. Unfortunately, I work on some of them year after year, lol. So here is my list for 2015:

Health and Fitness

1. Exercise regularly
    a. Get 30 mins of some sort of exercise a minimum of 4 days a week
    1. walk the dog, exercise at the Y (raise that heart rate)
    2. Eat healthier
    a. Use MyFitnessPal daily to log what I eat/exercise/journal
    b. Get back to weighing and measuring & meal planning
    c. Less fried foods – more baked and less package meals (Hamburger
    Helper) even if it means making me a separate dinner
    d. Fewer sugary sweets (less than twice a week) and more healthy
    snacks
    e. Go back to eating on a small plate so I can't put so much on it
    f. Be more aware of that full feeling and stop eating then (no picking)

I don't like to set a particular amount of pounds that I want to lose for the same reason I don't make resolutions. But I will say this, I want to lose more in the next year than I did this year. The difference between my weight on Jan. 1 and my weight today is only 14 pounds. I KNOW I can do better than that. Now grant it I did move up and down and all over the place weight wise this past year so I am very thankful that I am down that 14 pounds.

So there you go my friends. There are my 2015 goals as far as health and fitness.

Dee
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ok... If I put it in writing it HAS to be accomplished. Or at least that is what I am going to tell myself. I am going to attempt a lot of little resolutions, such as try new healthy foods, try different types of exercise... but my ultimate resolution is to weigh 100lbs less next Dec 31st. That's less than 10lbs a month. My big ol fat body should be able to handle that! So there it is. Out there for all of you to see. Which means you have permission to yell at me if I am getting off track!!!! Please! Yell! Loud!!
    Good luck everyone!!
    Hugs.
    Diana
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! Still working on my goals.
    I'm fighting infection and not yet back on Still's meds, so my days are pretty rough right now. :#
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Well let me put my 2015 goals down so I can be more accountable!
    1. Exercise at least 30 mins 5 times a week, which includes getting 10,000steps in per day.
    2. Add strength training twice a week.
    3. Lose 50 pounds by this time next year which is just short of 5 pounds a month.
    4. Eat healthier during the week and stop eating after 6 pm.
    5. Decrease the amount of sugar I take in.

There it is! So folks wish you all the best for 2015!! We can do this! We want to be healthier and flexible and we will succeed! We may have some ups and downs.....but that is what life is all about! We deal with it and continue to move forward with our goals! :)
  • catladyksa
    Options
    KarenZen wrote: »
    Happy New Year! Still working on my goals.
    I'm fighting infection and not yet back on Still's meds, so my days are pretty rough right now. :#

Get better Karen! Take whatever time you need to get better!
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Nancy. I'm trying to just push through, but I think I need to just let go and rest. Aargh!! Dying to be up and about and moving.

I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone!
    K.
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I little late to this conversation, but here goes:
    1. Lose 70-80 lbs by exercising at least 3 times per week, logging every day, and taking on a new exercise every quarter--though I'm rethinking the weight goal. mathematically it's doable, but I don't know if it's realistic. maybe i'll just focus on the logging and exercising and see where I land.
    2. read more
    3. find better ways to deal with stress rather than turning to food
    4. finish my novel and submit more stories for publication
    5. apply for new jobs
    6. leash train my cat (she needs to lose weight, but won't play and I'm hoping we can go for walks together)
    7. finish school once and for all (I'm a bit of a professional student and I keep going back)
    8. pay off my credit cards so I can work on paying my student loans