Jan 1-15

Options

Replies

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options

Green: Yes
    Total: 5/31

Strength training today. I really want to incorporate more strength and less cardio in my schedule. I want to build some real muscles. I don't want to end up flabby. :D

Everyone seems to be doing so well. Keep it up!
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Swim 850m, walk 4mi

Run 5.1mi, swim 1650m, bike 25mi

Goal: 6/31
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options

Total: 6/31

Attended a Total Body Conditioning class tonight. It was primarily strength training with quick burst of cardio. I'm sure to feel it in the morning. :)

Scherzie - Your workout regimen is amazing. How do you make time to fit it in?
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options

Green: Yes- but Chevy style (36 over)
    Total 6/29

@Melissa - LOL @ your smart *kitten* humor. I would have appreciated it...then again, I would have been likely to SAY it had I been there. :wink:

@ Laughter_Girl--You are rock solid on your daily burn!
  • Scherzie
    Options

Total: 7/31

10mile bike

@laughter_girl I work 4 10's, So try to do my "heavier" days on Sunday and Tuesdays as I work primarily Wed-Sat. I have a couple of co-workers that I run with @5:30am (before work). It's a crazy schedule but I just cannot make myself exercise after work! How was the conditioning class? I need something like that to tone up :#
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    1.5 & 1.6
    Green: Yes & Yes
    GOAL: 5/25
    Swam 2 miles
  • Smooth06
    Smooth06 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    1/2 - 1/7
    - Green: All days
    - Goal 7/31
    - I received a "thank you" present today for motivating my coworker to get fit! What a pleasant surprise! I will be putting it to use tonight!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options

Total: 7/31

Today was a much needed rest day for me.

R_Queenie - You've got a great streak going. Keep it up!
    Scherzie - You impress me more and more each day! You workout everyday and you work 10 hour days - WOW. The fact that you can workout so hard before work is incredible. I'm too lazy to get out of bed. :D The class was really good, which is why I'm resting today. Ha, ha, ha. Seriously, I only have about 15 more lbs. to lose, and I want to do a little more strength training so that I can continue toning. Cardio is just so much more entertaining than strength training.
    Bruce - Hope you enjoyed the swim!
  • R_Queenie
    Options

Total 7/29

Back to gym. Not quite as sucky as Monday. ;)
  • Bruceapple
    Options

Total 6/29
  • R_Queenie
    Options

Total 8/29
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options

Total: 8/31

I intended to do a Butts & Guts class tonight (It's as brutal as it sounds.), but I arrived at the gym at the wrong time. Bummer. Nevertheless, I did a quick cardio workout and proceeded to do some strength training. It was all good. :)
  • Bruceapple
    Options

Total 7/29
  • R_Queenie
    Options

Green: Yes--but it was a close call.
    Total 9/29

I am really struggling with getting to the gym without feeling like my whole life is out of whack. (I often have to stay late to go with a friend OR the classes are offered very late and are very close to my work, but not so close to my home.) I am hoping to find my groove AND SOON because I'm involved in a work / community weight loss challenge for the next 12 weeks...this means balancing the gym I am PAYING for with the activities that are FREE / group stuff. I guess this is good stress?
  • Bruceapple
    Options

Total 8/25
  • Scherzie
    Options
    6mile run
    5.1mile run
    30min walk

Goal: 10/31

@Bruce- 2mile swim is impressive!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Jan 6-10
    Green all days
    10/31

Sorry I disappeared. It's good for Denni's grandmother that we are a block over and 12 houses up. Before his aunt and mother get it through their heads that a) she has heart failure, b) she has dementia and c) she is 94 and doesn't really want to live through this year, being that close may make me crazy. We moved our 21 year old daughter in over there, but this is the second day this week I have not been there for one thing or another. I didn't go Thursday because of meetings after work with my senior in high school and my cub scout. Denni went then. Today, the aunt is there to visit and I have let her deal with it. It's the only way realization will happen and I need it to happen. Hopefully next week will be better. Keep your fingers crossed for no more falls...

• Laughter_Girl
    Options
    1.9.15 & 1.10.15

Green: Yes & Yes
    Total: 10/31

I decided to do Yoga tonight. It wasn't too bad. I did it for 30 minutes. I didn't burn a lot of calories, but I'm definitely stronger than I was last year when I attempted Yoga. Yea, me!

R_Queenie - I hope you find that balance soon with going to the gym. It can be a challenge, but hopefully you'll find a time that works best for you. I try to go to the gym at least twice a week to justify spending the money for it. It works out better for me in the winter because who really wants to be outside working out with snow and 20 degrees below zero weather. :D

Scherzie - Kicking butt as usual!

Melissa - We know you're not far away. It sounds like you're quite busy. Hopefully, Denni's grandmother living so close will turn into a blessing. It's definitely a blessing that she's around. At least she has family near by should she need you all. I'll certainly be praying that there are no falls. Hang in there!

• R_Queenie
    Options

Green: Yes.
    Total 10/29

Some hula hooping and lots of cleaning! (Also 2 scarves knitted, but that doesn't do much for burning calories....it does, however, keep my hands busy / not eating.

@Melissa--thinking of your family. It is this kind of situation that keeps me from moving away from my current state...even though so many others sound desirable. Take care.
  • Bruceapple
    Options

Total 9/25