Pre-Challenge Accountability

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsDunn8910
    MrsDunn8910 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Did you track absolutely everything you ate and drank today? Yes.
    Did you stay under your calorie limit? So far.
    Were you active for at least 20 minutes? Not yet. Hubby is building my bookshelf. Going to do an hour of new videos on Youtube. Trying out ones that I may like too keep me motivated and having fun while working out.
  • Mechdonna2
    Mechdonna2 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Way to go, elosogrande and krizaten!! Mechdonna and allie -- 2 out of 3 isn't bad. Keep challenging yourselves. :-)

Okay, here are the accountability questions again:

Jan. 3, 2015

Did you track absolutely everything you ate and drank today?
    Did you stay under your calorie limit?
    Were you active for at least 20 minutes?

YES, I tracked and stayed under my limit. I know that this is really helping me because I am watching my portion sizes much more closely, and I'm sure that bigger-than-I-realize portions are a culprit in me not losing weight when I get lazy and don't track.

YES, I exercised today. 40 minutes on the exercise bike + 10 minutes lifting weights = enough extra calories to have a little treat at the end of the day. :wink:

Good luck, everyone!

BTW, if several people are interested in continuing the accountability questions, I can make either a new thread every week or a new thread every day. This is a little different than the regular thread b/c I am challenging people to post at the end of the day about what you really did, rather than about goals. For me, this is huge motivator b/c if I don't post until the next morning, it's easier to say "Oh, well, tomorrow's a new day," than if I have to post about not meeting my goals that night.

What are your thoughts? Would you like a weekly thread to stay on track with answering the questions about the end of each day? Or a daily one?

I think a daily thread will be helpful.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Mechdonna2 wrote: »
    Way to go, elosogrande and krizaten!! Mechdonna and allie -- 2 out of 3 isn't bad. Keep challenging yourselves. :-)

Jan. 3, 2015

YES, I tracked and stayed under my limit. I know that this is really helping me because I am watching my portion sizes much more closely, and I'm sure that bigger-than-I-realize portions are a culprit in me not losing weight when I get lazy and don't track.

YES, I exercised today. 40 minutes on the exercise bike + 10 minutes lifting weights = enough extra calories to have a little treat at the end of the day. :wink:

Good luck, everyone!

BTW, if several people are interested in continuing the accountability questions, I can make either a new thread every week or a new thread every day. This is a little different than the regular thread b/c I am challenging people to post at the end of the day about what you really did, rather than about goals. For me, this is huge motivator b/c if I don't post until the next morning, it's easier to say "Oh, well, tomorrow's a new day," than if I have to post about not meeting my goals that night.

What are your thoughts? Would you like a weekly thread to stay on track with answering the questions about the end of each day? Or a daily one?

I think a daily thread will be helpful.

Feel free to add this discussion to the daily threads that already get started every day.

Not that you have to, but it will keep us from having two daily threads.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options

Jan. 3, 2015

Good luck, everyone!

Most people post if they hit their goals the day before, then post their new goals for the day.

I think the daily threads will meet the needs of this thread.
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'm in starting today. Do I add my name to the Google list?
  • Prof3ssorblu
    Prof3ssorblu Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    For January 3rd:

Did you track absolutely everything you ate and drank today? yes
    Did you stay under your calorie limit? yes
    Were you active for at least 20 minutes? yes
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    mallowbar wrote: »
    I'm in starting today. Do I add my name to the Google list?

Yes, please add your MFP handle, current weight and goal to the Weigh In tab of the spreadsheet.
  • justcindy59
    justcindy59 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Yes. I stayed under calorie goal and drank 12 cups of water.
    I don't know if it counts, but I did walk over 30 minutes in the store. I can't walk that long with out holding a shopping cart. I really hope this gets better as I lose more weight.
  • garyandkimber
    garyandkimber Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Nice job, everyone!! So as to not clutter up the board too much, but still keep a place for people who want to encourage each other with these specific accountability questions, I will create a weekly thread. You can look for the first one and post there if you are interested. :)
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Awesome initiative garyandkimber