2015 Monthly Measurements

Options
I've seen many of you mention that you want to take your measurements on a monthly (or at least more regular) basis. So let's just make it official and start a thread.

Post your measurements here on the 1st (ish) of each month. You can use the following as a template, pick and choose, or make up your own altogether. Suggestions for additional measurements welcome!

Neck
Bust
Rib cage
Bicep *
Waist (at narrowest point)
Waist (at belly button)
Hips
Thigh *
Calf *
Total inches
Total inches lost / gained

Weight
Body Fat %
BMI
BMR
TDEE

You can post the actual numbers, or you can post +/- from the previous month if you prefer to keep things a bit more private.

*** And don't forget to take those progress pics! You certainly don't have to post them, but they're nice to have for comparison and to document your body's changes.

* Some folks measure both left and right, and others just measure one and multiply it by two. Either if fine, obviously.

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    crabada wrote: »
    * Some folks measure both left and right, and others just measure one and multiply it by two. Either if fine, obviously.

hah. i measure onethigh in three places: top, middle, just above knee. but i keep the measurements distinct from each other, because that's kind of the point. i would like to have slightly less traffic-cone** thighs.

i can hear my dad now. "you children. you always have to be different."

it's a great idea for a thread, but i'm not sure if i feel disclosey enough to go into it. i'll mention though that it is a question of interest to me. would sure like to not have obese inner knees anymore.

** upside down traffic cones, naturally. sigh. things get worse when i try to get clear about them.
  • ephiemarie
    ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'll go first. I've been lurking in the group but haven't posted yet. Hi. :smile:

Bust: 34"
    Ribcage: 30
    Bicep: 10-R / 10-L
    Waist: 26.5
    Naval: 28.5
    Hips: 36.5
    Thigh: 19.5-R / 19-L
    Calf: 13-R / 13.5-L

Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 127ish (was 126 before all the holiday cookies & booze)
    BF%: 18.5 (according to the handheld thingie)

I most definitely have the upside down traffic cone shape to my thighs and am hoping eventually some of that upper thigh fat goes away.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    it's a great idea for a thread, but i'm not sure if i feel disclosey enough to go into it. i'll mention though that it is a question of interest to me.

Well, you can take the measurements now and count them as your zero / starting point. A month from now, take them again and just do +/- from there. This is probably what I'll do, since I also don't like to admit just how round I am in certain places. :)
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    TravelsWithHuckleberry Posts: 955 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ephiemarie wrote: »
    I'll go first. I've been lurking in the group but haven't posted yet. Hi. :smile:

Thanks for taking the plunge and going first! And glad you've decided to be more than a lurker (not that there's anything wrong with that!).

And yes, height as a measurement. Good call!

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Okay. I'll give it a try posting them, though I don't measure all of those. Also umm, my belly button is the smallest part of my waist and I measure above it cause I want to see that part get smaller. lol Arm and leg, I just measure one and it's the upper part though maybe I should have done calf measurements back in September. Wouldn't mind a slight decrease there cause knee boots are great but don't fit well usually. Oh, and chest is overbust, though I sometimes check underbust out of curiosity Anyways, these are my December measurements as I measure on the 15th of each month.

Height: 4' 11.5"
    Waist: 47.5"
    Chest: 42.5"
    Hips: 44.5"
    Arm: 13.5"
    Leg: 22.5"

Weight: 179.6
    Bodyfat: 39.5%
    BMI: 35 (based on weight and site calculation)

BF is from gym thing, so I won't check it every month, but on occasion. Weight is always most recent, cause I check that far more often. Just to see how it goes, but I'm also okay with the fluctuations. Anyways, those are my ones that I hope to see change some in 2015. Well, except height cause yeah, I know I'm not getting taller. lol

Now, no excuses for others. I'm round and there it is for you all to see. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Here goes. As you will see I am definitely a pear!!

Neck: 12
    Underarm: 32.5
    Bust: 35.5
    Rib cage (just below bra): 30.5
    Bicep (R): 11
    Waist (at narrowest point): 29
    Waist (at belly button): 33
    Hips: 43.5
    Thigh (R): 25
    Calf (R): 14.75

Total inches

Weight 145.8
    Body Fat % 28 (Estimated; upper body lower, lower body higher.)
    BMI 22.8
    BMR: 1307
    TDEE: 1797

Would like to recomp to lose %BF and reduce my pear-ness!
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Here goes:

Height-5' 2"

Neck-12.5"
    Bust-34"
    Rib cage-32"
    Bicep -12"
    Waist (at narrowest point)-30"
    Waist (at belly button)-32"
    Hips-40 (ugh!)
    Thigh -22"
    Calf -13"

Weight-137
    Body Fat %?? No idea, I can't get an accurate caliper reading by myself. I'd guess it's about 25%
    BMI-24
    BMR-1379
    TDEE-2067

I gained about 5lbs over the holidays. I need to change these numbers! Before I had my daughter 3 yrs ago I never weighed more than 127 and that was getting too heavy for my short frame. Now I am pushing 140. My hips used to be 37" and while I thought them too wide pre-preg I'd love to see that number again!
  • mimi337
    mimi337 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I need this for motivation:
    Neck 13
    Bust 41
    Rib cage 35
    Bicep * 12
    Waist (at narrowest point) 34.5
    Waist (at belly button) 40
    Hips 41.5
    Thigh * upper 25.5, middle 20 , lower 17 (I copied canadianlbs on this one!)
    Calf * 14
    Total inches

Weight 158
    Body Fat % not sure exactly but from the looks of it, A LOT
    BMI 29.9
    BMR 1280
    TDEE 1740
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    edited January 2015
    Options
    So, my measurements are a comparison in +/-
    (Sorry -- still too ashamed to post the real numbers :( )

Dates are.... Late-March / Mid-October / Jan. 2

Neck: 0 / -1 / 0 -- Total: -1
    Bust: 0 / -2 / +2 -- Total: 0
    Rib cage: New measurement
    Bicep (right): 0 / -0.75 / -0.62 -- Total: -1.37
    Waist (at narrowest point): 0 / -1.5 / - 1.0 -- Total: -2.5
    Waist (at belly button): New measurement
    Hips: 0 / -2.5 / - 1 -- Total: -3.5
    Thigh (right):
    - Top: 0 / -0.75 / -0.5 -- Total: -1.25
    - Mid: New measurement
    - Knee: New measurement
    Calf (right): 0 / -1 / -0.31 -- Total: -1.31

Total inches lost / gained (since late-March): -10.93
    * Only counting right limbs in this total, just to keep it simple.

Weight: -14.7 (since my highest, on 08/03/14)
    Body Fat %: ?
    BMR: 1526
    TDEE: 2098
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm a lil lazy and am already tracking this in a spreadsheet of my own lol, so here's a screenshot:
    bfvcykyrylij.png

I always track left and right separately because, as you can see, there's a huge discrepancy between my 2 sides on my lower body. I think it's due to my right leg being slightly longer which has turned my left leg into my (mightily) dominant leg. I also have the biggest calves ever and not all of it is fat, rofl. I blame living in a very hill-y city.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    Fancy spreadsheet! That's awesome!
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Haha, I'm a spreadsheet addict so I'm copying Krok.

Ugh, dem gainz. Wrong kinda gainz, though. I had lost about 25 lbs in the beginning half of last year and looks like I gained 15 of it back. On the other hand, though, I really enjoyed eating all the foodz and lifting all the thingz and my last BF% measurement that I could find had me at 31% so I think that's not too bad of a jump up? It's all probably wrong anyway because I use one of those hand held Omron bio-impedance things. It's good to use to track the trend. Maybe by the end of this year I'll see if I can get a Dexa scan...

Here's to a more structured year!

m6dpc5lx3u6i.jpg
  • Pearowl
    Pearowl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also a bit of a lurker, though newly skulking in the internet shadows of this group. I will be starting lifting in the coming week so I'd like to post my measurements to keep track. Here goes!

Neck: 12.3
    Bust: 33
    Ribcage: 32
    Waist: 29.5
    Navel: 31.5
    Hips: 42
    Thigh: Right/Left 24
    Calf: Right/Left 16
    Bicep: Right/Left 13

Weight: 170 (an embarrassing high for me :(..)

2014 was an exceptionally difficult year and I put on a lot of weight that I am going to send packing this year!
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I need to start focusing on my measurements because I'm not going to get anywhere worrying about the bathroom scales...

Height: 5ft 6
    Weight: 9st 6 (132lb)

Thigh: 57
    Hip (widest point): 98
    Belly (widest point): 85
    Waist (narrowest): 74
    Upper arm: 29
    Under bust: 78
    Bust: 87

Some have gone up and down by one or two centimetres since I hit maintenance. I've not been able to find any guidance on how they should change if I was at a slow recomp.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    (My measurements are from mid-December, but I was sick and missed my January window. I'll use these as my current stats and update again at the beginning of February.)

Neck: 12.5
    Bust: 35
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm: 10.25
    Waist (at narrowest point): 27.75
    Waist (at belly button): 30.5
    Hips: 42
    Thigh: 23
    Calf: 15
    Total inches: 270.25
    Total inches lost / gained: 0
    (For my total inches, I doubled my bicep, forearm, thigh, and calves measurements even though that isn't reflected in the above measurements.)

Weight: 178.2
    Body Fat %: (using last bodpod reading) 27.4
    BMI: 27.5 :\
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Alright. Since I do my measurements on the 15th of the month, here are my january measurements. Just for fun I also tried the measurement at the belly button (I don't usually cause it's not the largest part of my stomach) and it's near the same as chest so hopefully it will be small than chest soon. Just something I hope for, waist smaller than chest, though the larger part of waist still has a ways to go. I also saw a minor change in neck and wrist (1/4th an inch) which I wasn't expecting to change so I hadn't listed it here.

Height: 4' 11.5"
    Waist: 45.5"
    Chest: 42"
    Hips: 43.5"
    Arm: 13.5"
    Leg: 22.5"

Weight: 177
    Bodyfat: 39.5% (same as before, won't remeasure every month)
    BMI: 34.6 (based on weight and site calculation)

• Sumiblue
    Options
    I noticed that I just feel/look tighter in my core so took some measure today. I'm down 2lbs. in weight since 1/2.
    Waist at narrowest(-1inch)
    Waist at navel--(.5 inch)
    Hips- down (.5 inch)

2 inches total loss

Didn't do the rest of the measurements but I'm happy! I'm finally getting serious about staying in my calorie goal each, day, too. So, hope to see some fat loss soon.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I *thought* this was floating around somewhere, but then just figured it was part of our 15 in 15 challenge thread.

So, my measurements are a comparison in +/-
    (Sorry -- still too ashamed to post the real numbers :( )

These new numbers are the changes from Jan. 2 to Jan. 30. I do think these are skewed somewhat by this past week's illness, but here they are anyway. I've decided not to keep track of body part totals here, just because the original measurements aren't all from the same date so it gets complicated and annoying.

Jan. 2 - Jan. 30
    - - - - - - - - -
    Neck: -0.37 inch
    Bust: -1.0 inch
    Rib cage: -0.37 inch
    Bicep (right): -0.13 inch
    Waist (at narrowest point): -1.12 inches
    Waist (at belly button): -0.25 inch
    Hips: -1.0 inch
    Thigh (right):
    - Top: -0.25 inch
    - Mid: -0.42 inch
    - Knee: -0.25 inch
    Calf (right): -0.44 inch

Total inches lost / gained: -5.6 inches
    * Only counting right limbs in this total, just to keep it simple.

Weight: -21.8 (since my highest, on 08/03/14)
    Body Fat %: ?
    BMR: 1488
    TDEE: 2046
  • Sumiblue
    Options
    @Crabada, wow!!
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well, thanks -- but really, if you measure enough spots that total number just climbs right up there! :) You're doing awesome too! 2 inches at the waist/hips is no joke -- Congrats!

xo,
    C.