egg fast-stall breaker diet

Options
Christine_72
Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
What do you guys think of the egg fast diet? It's basically eat nothing but eggs, butter and/or coconut oil, mayonnaise for 5 days. Losing a fair bit of weight in the process.

Replies

• deansdad101
    deansdad101 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    What do you guys think of the egg fast diet? It's basically eat nothing but eggs, butter and/or coconut oil, mayonnaise for 5 days. Losing a fair bit of weight in the process.
    Chris;

"Results", based on a limited number anecdotal reports, appear to vary all across the board.

If you look back at the old threads here, there are at least a couple where group members have documented their experiences. A couple reported great success, some broke a stall with respectable losses, some lost and regained, and for some it was pretty much of a "ho-hum".

In my case, the biggest benefit was that since I loved eggs (in all forms) to begin with, it was a nice "love affair" with the eggs - but not much else.

Best advice I can give is give it a try if you want - you might find it works great for you, or you might not.

Just don't let it depress you if it doesn't "work" - it doesn't for everyone and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why it does for some and not others.

• Christine_72
    Options
    Thankyou Deansdad. I'm still trying to get my head around the massive daily calorie intake! I'll have a look at some old posts.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Oops. Just read through some old threads. Doesn't sound like a good idea according to the members here..
  • tq33702
    tq33702 Posts: 121 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    But wait...there's more..!

Besides maybe breaking a stall,
    there are the health benefits of
    eggs, positive HDL cholesterol,
    positive hormonal reproductive
    response, reduction of Arterial
    Calcium Agatston Score...

All in the fast moving vid at YT:
    "Eat More Fat? -- Amazing Results"
    http://tinyurl.com/kk8njr7

Best2U, tq.
    ps: Can you tell I'm way inspired
    by this vid..?
  • tq33702
    tq33702 Posts: 121 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Interesting study...
    'Normal Plasma Cholesterol in an 88-Year-Old
    Man Who Eats 25 Eggs a Day — Mechanisms
    of Adaptation'
    'Fred Kern, Jr., M.D.
    N Engl J Med 1991; 324:896-899
    March 28, 1991'
    via GoogleSearch:
    http://tinyurl.com/o5fy8uj
  • ovinas1
    ovinas1 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Try to make eating a lifestyle. Regarding eggs. If you can truly eat under 20 g better 10g of carbs per day It doesnt matter if you eat the bumper of your car your gonna loose weight fast.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Haha thanks ovinas B)

Yes, for some reason I just can't make myself start this egg diet. Will give it a miss.