Staying on track at conventions

Jennjoywolf
Jennjoywolf Posts: 30 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Hi my fellow nerds and geeks :)
I am going to a gaming con in a few hours. Nothing huge, but we are staying over at the hotel.
Mostly board gaming, although I wouldn't mind getting into an RPG if time allows. :)
It occurs to me that every time I do one of these, I end up eating garbage non stop. I think its the non -structure of gaming for 8 hours and then realizing I haven't eaten for a while.
This time around, I am bringing some easy to make food for the room and maybe setting an alarm to remind me to stop gaming.
Anyone have any other things you do at cons to stay on track?
Any other gamers on the board here? What are your favorite board games?
I am hoping to play Through the Ages, Power Grid, Brass, Dominion, and for rpg, some good 'ole D&D,

Replies

• Bianca1972
    Bianca1972 Posts: 19 Member
    Not a gamer, but I'll be going to Star Wars Celebration Anaheim in April. I'm sure I wintbe eating very well during the morning/afternoon...busiest times for conventions.

I'll probably take a dozen Luna bars (my favorites) with me & a refillable water bottle (if permitted in the convention center) to supplement those times (rather than go hungry). I wonder if I can bring fruit & nut mix with me kn the plane?

It'll be dinner that I need to watch out for I'm sure. Sitting around with friends with food & drink....one can get carried away very easily.
  • DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    MuseCon is coming up, and I'll be going to TeslaCon and WindyCon later. It really seems to help to bring stuff along that's healthy, but it's really got to be the sort of thing you can stick in a pocket, pouch, or bag so that it's handy when you need it, because sometimes it's so hard to pull yourself away from the fun to go back to the room.

More and more hotels seem to offer the option of a small refrigerator in your room. You can always say you need one to keep medication cool, and just let them assume you mean insulin and not healthy foods. :-)

I do find that if I splurge on a weekend, I'll often not eat as much for a few days afterwards, so my overall average isn't that far off normal. My internal weight "thermostat" is working pretty well, it's just set too high, like an air conditioner that thinks it should keep the house at 55F!