Diet and Exercise

Options
mistij68
mistij68 Posts: 84 Member
Hello everyone, I know for myself, I've been dieting or exercising for years and it doesn't really work. I know they say you need diet and exercise, but I'm trying to get a handle on how much exercise you need while dieting. Right now I'm starting " The Shred Revolutionary Diet " on Monday , but I will also start the "Insanity " workout as well. So I'm hoping with the diet and exercise that this will be the right combination. How is it for everyone else as far as diet and exercise? For me, I feel I have to exercise more and eat less because of my age(44). When I was in my twenties , I only had to exercise more or just be more active and not worry about what I ate. Is this the same for others? Let me know your stories.

Replies

• MrsCCLL
    MrsCCLL Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 20s and my whole life I've struggled with my weight. Last year I lost 10 pounds for my wedding in October and within 2 months I gained it back. Since January, I've been dieting and exercising WAY MORE than I did last year and my measurements have stayed the same while my weight has continued to climb.

I think it's possible to eat too little and exercise too much but I know that's not my issue. I know my pitfalls. First, I cheat. I pop things in my mouth without thinking about it (like while making dinner) and then I don't even remember it happening when I go to track my calories. Second, I eat when I'm not hungry. If I'm with friends or relaxing or celebrating... happy or sad... I pop food in my mouth. And third, I use all my self control during the week and go on binges over the weekend. I feel so proud of myself by Friday for all my hard work that I go a little nuts. By Sunday afternoon I'm kicking myself and vowing to redouble my efforts.

But at least I know my pitfalls! I agree that the hardest thing is when you can't figure out what's working and what's not. One thing I do that some people cringe at is I weigh and measure myself every morning. I have a really good scale and I keep track (even if I don't log it into MFP) of my weight fluctuations. I need that accountability. Of course, noticing a muffin top when I zip my pants also helps :-)

Good luck!
  • mistij68
    mistij68 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I hear ya. I do the same thing, I like to snack and I'm the "human garbage disposal" I eat my kids leftovers!:ohwell: Also I do have a habit of eating when I'm not hungry, even if I'm full just because it's there. So that's two places I really have to work on. So here's to the both of us breaking bad habits!:smile: