Week 1 Challenge Points Info

Options
lawyerette
lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
For Week 1, you're earning points as follows:

1 point each day for logging in your meals and exercise
1 point each day for doing the Bikini Body Mommy workout
1 point for completing the introduction (thanks for all of you who already have)

Total possible points this week is 15.

So... what do you do? You log into MFP and log your meals/exercise every day. You also go to https://www.youtube.com/user/BikiniBodyMommy and follow for the workouts.

When I get all of the initial weigh ins, I will post the tracking spreadsheet and the teams :)

PLEASE let me know if you have questions!!! And feel free to "friend" me too.

Good luck, mommies!

Replies

• bikinibooty
    Options
    how do you want us to log the bbm workout?
  • lawyerette
    Options
    Great question!

I will be logging each BBM workout as "Calisthenics, home, light/moderate effort" unless the workout is particularly rigorous (which would be the vigorous effort choice). Moms who use heart rate monitors can also log using the information from their device.

Do you have another suggestion? :)
  • pucca_belle
    pucca_belle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just created the exercise and logged it under "Bikini Body Mommy 3.0 Challenge". I have a heart rate monitor and log in the calories manually.
  • tonya2086
    Options
    I'm doing same as pucca_belle and logging manually with HR monitor
  • cbhutton
    cbhutton Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I will be interested to hear what kind of feedback you get from a HRM. On the last BBM cycle, Brianna said that people were reporting burns of 600+ cal, which I find hard to believe. I logged it as "Calisthenics, vigorous", at about 200 cal per session.
  • tonya2086
    Options
    It depends on a person size as well. Like average person burns 100 cal/mile. I burn only 75 per mile. So depends on size of person. For fit test I burned 118 in 14:40 according to the HRM
  • pucca_belle
    Options
    For the fit test my polar ft4 said I burned 101 calories.
  • lawyerette
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the feedback, ladies. I'll be interested to see what everyone comes in at for Day 2!
  • pucca_belle
    Options
    My entry might be late for Day 2 because I'm taking my daughter to the zoo then chuck e cheese for her 3rd birthday.
  • lawyerette
    Options
    Pucca_belle, the only "timed" reporting is the weigh and measure in that happens every 2 weeks or so. Completing your online journal entries is on you... you just let me know at the end of the week how you did so I can tally points for the teams. :)
  • pucca_belle
    Options
    Oh ok thanks for clearing that up, I felt bad for missing a day :)
  • cbhutton
    Options
    Is there a place for logging this?
    I will confess that it's you people who kept me honest yesterday! I was thrown off by having a snow day, but I got my workout and logging done!
  • Becca619
    Becca619 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So it seems like most days will be logged as calisthenics vigorous?
  • kissxoprincess
    Options
    I'm a day behind, so I just finished the cardio for Day 2... You don't realize how out of shape you are until you are totally winded after 30 seconds of jumping jacks!
  • lawyerette
    Options
    You're logging your info into your page and reporting your points to me weekly. Does that make sense?
  • cbhutton
    Options
    Got it!
  • arrmkr3
    Options
    Which page for logging? I'm sorry.

PS - I've been entering into MFP as calisthenics vigorous for cardio days and calisthenics light for strength days. But that's just how I feel. :)
  • lawyerette
    Options
    You log your personal information under food and exercise. You report your point totals to me on Sundays (the "week" runs Monday to Sunday).
  • cbhutton
    Options
    One more question about the points. How does it total 15? Log each day (7) + BBM for the week (6) + Intro (1). Am I missing something?
  • AbsterBee
    AbsterBee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good question cbhutton. I'll be watching to see the answer.