hello

Options
rainrain83
rainrain83 Posts: 82 Member
hi there just want to say hello. i did this diet about a year ago and found it was super easy and I lost quite alot of weight from it straight away. It was also great not having to shop for heaps of new ingredients just eating what you have already. Of course i stopped and put it all back on again! I am going on holiday soon. It will be very hot there (perth australia) and I want to wear shorts for once in my life. lets do this :smile:

Replies

• chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I agree it's a great way to lose weight. Many transition into 6:1 for life...Something I hope to follow.
    Welcome!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Yes, let's do this!
  • 84wweber
    84wweber Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting for the first time and I'm excited! This way of eating makes so much sense to me. I have always struggled trying to keep my calories under 1200 a day for weeks on end! But being able to actually eat alternating with diet/fast days, so that my weekly average is 8400 or less, is way more doable! So far I've lost about four pounds.
  • SofaKween
    SofaKween Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    84wweber wrote: »
    I'm just starting for the first time and I'm excited! This way of eating makes so much sense to me. I have always struggled trying to keep my calories under 1200 a day for weeks on end! But being able to actually eat alternating with diet/fast days, so that my weekly average is 8400 or less, is way more doable!

Same here! Am on day 6 of my first week, weigh-in Tuesday morning, which will also be my next FD. 12 kilos to lose. According to MFP at a loss rate of 0.4kg per week I should have lost 0.9kg by February. Hope very much to prove it wrong!

• rainrain83
    rainrain83 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    yes and the best part of this diet is if on your fast day you are making something delicious for tea for the family you can just put it aside and eat it the next day no going without completely
  • claire2610
    claire2610 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Is there any way to stop MFP nagging me when i log/track a fast day? It doesnt understand and its quite dishartening.any tips?
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    MFP is trying to keep you from starving yourself. MFP at this point is not set up for 5:2. Your options are either to ignore it, Quick Add more calories before you post, or don't complete the entry.
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I just don't complete the diary. Simple.
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I tend to quick add the calories, complete the entry then go back and delete the quick added calories. :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I don't press the button. Al your data is still stored there - as far as I can make out, the "close diary" button just alerts all those on your friends list that "so-and-so completed their diary and was under their limit". I guess you have to work out how important that step is to you.
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    84wweber wrote: »
    I'm just starting for the first time and I'm excited! This way of eating makes so much sense to me. I have always struggled trying to keep my calories under 1200 a day for weeks on end! But being able to actually eat alternating with diet/fast days, so that my weekly average is 8400 or less, is way more doable! So far I've lost about four pounds.

That's the ticket!! almost 2 years for me and it is the best plan I ever followed!!