back in the saddle

Options
Hi all! I'm new to this group thing. I had a roux-n-y 5/2009. I initially lost 130 lbs. I stalled at that point, and in the past 2 years I've regained 25-30 lbs. I am still about 40-50 lbs from where I'd like to be. I need to get back on plan, looking for motivation. I quit taking supplements, protein years ago, I eat what I want now and feel like crap most of the time. My blood sugar is up and down. I want to feel better, I need to do this.

Replies

• glyndalin
    glyndalin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I recognized even just 2 months from surgery (10/27) that I was going to have to change my mindset about food and nourishing my body or this was just going to be another quick fix that went wrong down the road. Don't beat yourself up. You know what you have to do. Just do it. And seek counseling if you think there are emotional triggers or other things contributing to your change back to the old lifestyle where you "feel like crap." Something is making the food more alluring than feeling good to you, and you may need a helping had to figure out what that is.

Here's too a fresh new year, a fresh start, and a healthy lifestyle for life!
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    The first thing you need to do is make an appointment and get labs drawn. A complete set of labs would be about 15 vials of blood. Part of the reason you aren't feeling well could be vitamin and mineral deficiencies, anemia, etc.

Start following the plan again. Take your supplements. Dense protein first. Low carbs, no sugar. Your blood sugar can really be controlled pretty well with diet.

Get back to basics. Use MFP to log your food. Every bite. You can do it.