Starting June 1st

Options
tomii13
tomii13 Posts: 105 Member
Hi everyone.

Well I start my JMBR journey this Saturday June 1st.

I'm looking for some of your outcomes, or shortcomings. Yes, I've done my research on and off the forums here on MFP.

But I wanted to hear about those currently doing the program.

Is it more or less than what you expected? I've read some didn't lose much weight, or inches, but I wonder what positive outcomes you did get? Or any negative outcomes? Tips?

Thanks. And apologies in advanced if it's redundant.

Replies

• Poeticmoe
    Poeticmoe Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm starting June 1st also. I did the program last year and made it to level 7 and quit. This time my plan is to finish the program. :)
  • tomii13
    Options
    That's a great mind set, poetic.
    How was your experience?
  • Poeticmoe
    Options
    That's a great mind set, poetic.
    How was your experience?

My experience was good. I really liked the program and how it got harder as you progressed through each phase. I'm looking forward to starting over. :)
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I finished up almost a month ago and will be doing round 2 starting June 17th.

This is an awesome program and I think you get a lot out of it!! I LOVE the fact that it starts you out easy and works your way up. With that being said, it doesn't SEEM easy as you're doing it, but believe me, after you finish, if you go back and do some of the first DVD's, you will realize that they were and how far you have come.

You can expect major upper body strength gain and definition. She really works your upper body! I also got really good ab definition (some do, some don't). You can expect the odd # dvd's to be harder than the even ones (especially #7). Seems that one is hard for everyone.

My advice would be that you don't always have to use the same day as your rest day. If it needs to be a Wednesday, then it is and you just go straight through til your next one but you will need those rest days - I promise. My other piece of advice is to modify what you can't do exactly right. You do each video 4 times and the difference between the first time you do one and the 4th is just truly amazing!

DON'T GIVE UP AND YOU WILL BE THANKFUL IN THE END!!!
  • Poeticmoe
    Options

This is an awesome program and I think you get a lot out of it!! I LOVE the fact that it starts you out easy and works your way up. With that being said, it doesn't SEEM easy as you're doing it, but believe me, after you finish, if you go back and do some of the first DVD's, you will realize that they were and how far you have come.

You can expect major upper body strength gain and definition. She really works your upper body! I also got really good ab definition (some do, some don't). You can expect the odd # dvd's to be harder than the even ones (especially #7). Seems that one is hard for everyone.

My advice would be that you don't always have to use the same day as your rest day. If it needs to be a Wednesday, then it is and you just go straight through til your next one but you will need those rest days - I promise. My other piece of advice is to modify what you can't do exactly right. You do each video 4 times and the difference between the first time you do one and the 4th is just truly amazing!

Thanks for the advice. I'm excited to start tomorrow!
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options

Thanks for the advice! I was going to wait until Monday so I could do Mon.-Sat. and rest on Sunday, but yeah I guess it really shouldn't matter.

I started today, so count me in guys!
  • Poeticmoe
    Options
    Workout 1 went well this morning. It's the afternoon now and boy, am I feeling the effects!

Monie
  • tomii13
    Options
    Call me crazy, but I missed Jillian Michaels! I find her silly, in a good way. I took two weeks of dvds to prepare for JMBR and rest up. And it felt great. I can for once say I'm not a beginner, granted its the beginning so its fairly easy. But it felt great! I also pushed myself to do the more challenging ones.

We have this in the bag!
  • kcb315
    kcb315 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    im starting today :)
  • Poeticmoe
    Options
    Today was cardio day and since I can't stand Jillian's cardio, I'm substituting Turbo Fire cardio. Completed Fire 30 and feel great! :)

Monie
  • tomii13
    Options
    Monie, did you try the cardio at all? I'm doing c25k and I'm not sure if I should do c25k as cardio or both. Just don't want to overdo it.
  • Susan_in_CA
    Susan_in_CA Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am starting today. Wish me luck!
  • Poeticmoe
    Options
    Monie, did you try the cardio at all? I'm doing c25k and I'm not sure if I should do c25k as cardio or both. Just don't want to overdo it.

Yes, I did Body Rev's cardio 1 and cardio 2 last year when I was doing the program. I'm just not a fan of the cardio included with that program, so I'm using Turbo Fire's cardio, which I LOVE! :)

Workout 1 done and in the bag for today! How's everyone coming along?

Monie
  • dmaxma
    dmaxma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started this June 1st too and, as I tend to need some immediate gratification, I am doing the kickstart. I'm already so sick of the cardio 1 -- it seems like a lot of people do different cardio -- are the results as impressive? I really love biking, so I was thinking of subbing that in instead -- or doing it a few days a week and doing her cardio 1 time per week. Thoughts?
  • tomii13
    Options
    I started this June 1st too and, as I tend to need some immediate gratification, I am doing the kickstart. I'm already so sick of the cardio 1 -- it seems like a lot of people do different cardio -- are the results as impressive? I really love biking, so I was thinking of subbing that in instead -- or doing it a few days a week and doing her cardio 1 time per week. Thoughts?

Honestly, I didn't even touch the cardio dvd since I'm doing c25k. I say go ahead and make the cardio part anything you enjoy. We have to enjoy our workouts. So I won't be doing the cardio dvds. As for results, I guess we'll seee :)