I've done a crazy thing...

Options
babybl00310
babybl00310 Posts: 75 Member
I've signed up for the Edinburgh half marathon. Eek! It's not too crazy though as it isn't until 25th May 2014 so I have just over 51 weeks to train!! A couple of years ago I used to run regularly but my furthest distance was around 11k with the dream of a Half Marathon somewhere down the line. A new relationship and an injury put an end to my running and also a gain in weight so this time I've decided to just bite the bullett and go for it.

Replies

• zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    That's not crazy at all! It's a terrific goal and you have plenty of time to train for it.

But then again, take with a grain of salt as I've signed up for a Try-a-Tri this August. 375 m swim, 10 k bike and 2.5 k run. And I haven't run since forced cross country in grade school a million years ago. :D
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Well done. I've just signed up for the Jog Scotland 5k in Edinburgh in August. Maybe I should join you and sign up for the marathon!!!
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I've been toying with the idea of signing up too, looks like a great course. You've got plenty of time to build up to it, way to go!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. You definitely have enough time to build up to it, but you'll have to stay on track for a year. Audacious. Think of what a runner you'll be by then!!!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Rock on! That's awesome!

Well, my Aunt, who just turned 50, asked me to do a half with her next Mother's Day, so also May of 2014. Guess I can be your training company!