just starting out

Options
2»

Replies

• orchiid2
    orchiid2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also in week 2 of stage 1! Well done with those heavy squats...I still feel like a lost puppy in the weight room, so I've been taking it easy on the squats (just the Olympic bar) because I'm not sure where all the plates and clips are yet
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    orchiid2 wrote: »
    Also in week 2 of stage 1! Well done with those heavy squats...I still feel like a lost puppy in the weight room, so I've been taking it easy on the squats (just the Olympic bar) because I'm not sure where all the plates and clips are yet

We are close to the same spot!
    Weight room is intimidating for sure! I am greatfull that my boyfriend and I used to lift together before I started the program and helped me learn to navigate the weight room. Don't think about the starting weight so much... Focus on if you are getting stronger
  • julie_emma1
    Options
    Also on week 2!
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    We have one set of 17.5lb dumbbells at our gym and, this morning, they were being used by a guy doing shoulder presses. I asked if I could borrow them between his sets, did my set of shoulder presses, then handed them back. He looked at me, paused, then said I could keep them, he was going to increase to 20lbs for his last set. :#
  • Iamkim73
    Options
    sgthaggard wrote: »
    We have one set of 17.5lb dumbbells at our gym and, this morning, they were being used by a guy doing shoulder presses. I asked if I could borrow them between his sets, did my set of shoulder presses, then handed them back. He looked at me, paused, then said I could keep them, he was going to increase to 20lbs for his last set. :#

I'm at 17.5 on shoulder press too.
  • Iamkim73
    Options
    Also on week 2!

How is it working for you so far?