Runner's World Streak

Options
bettepower
bettepower Posts: 73 Member
Are any of you guys doing this streak?
http://www.runnersworld.com/running-tips/runners-world-summer-run-streak-2013

From Memorial Day to Labor Day at least a mile per day. You do not have to run naked.
I'm in!

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Ha! I run when I can :)
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Missed the start, or I might have been interested. Next year I'm thinking about doing the 5 x 50, run/walk/cycle/swim/whatever for 5km every day for 50 days.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I just saw this with your post. I'll totally do it, but as an under the radar private thing. Happy to share here, just not with Runner's World. Can't handle yet another post I need to make each day:)
  • bettepower
    Options
    I just saw this with your post. I'll totally do it, but as an under the radar private thing. Happy to share here, just not with Runner's World. Can't handle yet another post I need to make each day:)
    Yes, I thought I'd keep it here or as a personal motivation.
    :)
  • jessiekanga
    Options
    Well, with temps of 93 degrees today I had to resort to the dreadmill in the cooler but not cool enough basement. I managed just over two 1.25 mile clips, with a walk break about half-way through. Whew! Lucky me tomorrow will be only 89 :).
  • jessiekanga
    Options
    Still plugging away. One day was on the elliptical to honor my body's need for rest, but every day has been 1-5. How are you doing Bette?
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I just googled Labor Day to see when it was, omg, you have to do this every day till September?!!
  • bettepower
    Options
    Still plugging away. One day was on the elliptical to honor my body's need for rest, but every day has been 1-5. How are you doing Bette?
    The elliptical totally counts. :D
    All is well here as far as the streak, but I am stuck on w7d1 of C25K. It's good to have two separate goals so when I don't meet one I have another. ;)
  • jessiekanga
    Options
    I just googled Labor Day to see when it was, omg, you have to do this every day till September?!!

Totally insane, right?!? Not sure I can pull it off, but I'm honoring myself with a decent number of 1 mile days. I usually run 3-4 days a week, so this is definitely more, and I REALLY don't want to hurt myself.

Bette, you rock! Keep plugging, you'll get it! Remember, you're over the head-game run (w5d3) so now, use all you learned in that run, slow it down at least .2mph, and self-talk your way through it. Good luck!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    All is well here as far as the streak, but I am stuck on w7d1 of C25K. It's good to have two separate goals so when I don't meet one I have another. ;)

Don't be stuck on week 7. Week 7 sucks. It's a really tough week. Even though it doesn't seem like a lot more, it really is your first real physical challenge as a runner(!) - it's the +10% that you'll be doing for the rest of your running career. Use all the tools you learned in getting through week 5: Slow down, find your form and get through it. Week 8 & 9 are awesome though.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options

Don't be stuck on week 7. Week 7 sucks. It's a really tough week. Even though it doesn't seem like a lot more, it really is your first real physical challenge as a runner(!) - it's the +10% that you'll be doing for the rest of your running career. Use all the tools you learned in getting through week 5: Slow down, find your form and get through it. Week 8 & 9 are awesome though.

It is around week 6 and on that diet really starts to affect running as well. If you are low carbing it, you will defenately start to feel it here. If you are not hydrating properly, that will also affect your running. Keep account of what you eat and what you are drinking, especially if you have a bad run. I know with myself, it is often times a horrible diet the day prior that causes bad runs. Or like today, I didn't hydrate properly yesterday, so today's 3 mile sucked.