Lets Do A Challenge

Options
MajorMusic13
MajorMusic13 Posts: 293 Member
I think a great way to keep motivated is to challenge yourself. We are on myfitnesspal and are logging our workouts and food, why not make it a little more fun? Here, our primary means of working out is by walking/jogging/running on a treadmill or outside. Why dont we try a distance challenge?

Day 1: Notice how far you went and record it.
Day 2: Try to go 0.25-0.5 miles more than Day 1
Day 3: Maintain Day 2 or add an additional 0.25-0.5 mile
Day 4: Maintain Day 3 or add an additional 0.25-0.5 mile
Day 5: Maintain day 4 or add an additional 0.25-0.5 mile
Day 6: Maintain day 5 or add an additional 0.25-0.5 mile
Day 7: Reach day 6 distance and then see how much further you can go- challenge by choice. :)

Example: This morning I walked a mile to get my body woken up. Tomorrow I would try to go 1.25-1.5 miles. Wednesday I would try to keep what I did Tuesday and if I am feeling like I can do more, add to it. Thursday I would go as far as I did Wednesday and again see if I can add to it or not. By the end of the week I could add anywhere from 0.25-3+ miles to my distance.

Each day come post your distance here. Doesn't matter how long it takes for you to do it. Just matters that you get up and move.

Who's in? :D

Replies

• runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I'm using a fit bit so will report my total steps and will aim to add at least 500 more (1/4 mile) each day.

I particularly like this challenge because I'm not ready to step on the scale yet. My goal is clean eating and lots of movement this month and resuming regular weigh-ins in February.

Good luck with the distance challenge everyone!
  • MajorMusic13
    Options
    :D yay! That sounds like a good plan. Best of luck!
  • MajorMusic13
    Options
    Challenge Day 1: 1 mile in 20 minutes
    Challenge Day 2: 1.5 miles in 28 minutes. :)
  • runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Nice job! I, on the other hand, didn't do so well!

I actually walked 800 steps more on Monday than Tuesday, and about the same today as yesterday...between work and the cold temperatures and the fact that it's getting dark early in the evening, I don't think this challenge is going to work for me.

I'm also doing the Mini-Goal one week challenge - it seems to be a pretty active group so maybe you can find it and do a walking challenge there?

Good luck!
  • MajorMusic13
    Options
    Thanks! I didn't do so well on the challenge either. I had a friend staying with me and that threw off my schedule. Luckily I had active classes planned this week at school so I got my exercise in with the kiddos moving to music. :)