Fitbit doesn't sync with myfitnesspal

Options
This new feature worked once for me 3 days ago and has not worked properly since. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting multiple times. I connect with my desktop then try to use my iphone to track and it just doesn't work. Not very user friendly for trouble shooting. HELP! I want to track my steps for myfitnesspal and it just won't work!

Replies

• CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit stopped synching with MFP as of 10:39 pm last night. It was working totally fine until then. I have now tried disconnecting/reconnecting the apps as well as revoked acccess on Fitbit side and it still won't sync. This happens WAYYYYYY too frequently.
  • khoshgeleh16
    khoshgeleh16 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue - steps/calories not syncing with MFP. This happened around the same time last year because loads of people got FitBits for Christmas/started with their resolution and it crashed the servers for several days, so I'm wondering if it might be that again...
  • zsgreenwell
    zsgreenwell Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have the surge, and it hasnt synced with MFP at all for steps. Food will sync to the fitbit but nothing, (including steps) will sync to MFP. I contacted MFP about the issue last night.
  • ForwardOsmosis
    ForwardOsmosis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same here, just stopped syncing this AM. I've had this Fitbit One since November and have never had this problem before...
  • CM9178
    Options
    awesome, so we have to deal with this again for another week. The same thing happened back in early December and a few months before that, and a few months before that. I honestly don't believe it is because of the holidays.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem on and off over the last 3 or 4 days, too. Sometimes disconnecting/reconnecting works, sometimes not.
  • CM9178
    Options
    BarbieAS wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem on and off over the last 3 or 4 days, too. Sometimes disconnecting/reconnecting works, sometimes not.
    Last time, I disconnected the app from the web, then logged out of my MFP mobile app, logged back in, and I got an updated/correct Calorie Adjustment. It hasn't synched again since then, but at least that number was correct. Prior to that, after disconnecting, it was giving me a calorie adjustment that was wrong.

• CM9178
    Options
    Same here, just stopped syncing this AM. I've had this Fitbit One since November and have never had this problem before...
    You're in for a treat, this happens every few months. I've had my fitbit for less than year and it has happened at least 6 times that I know of since then.

• Onederchic
    Onederchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    This is happening to me as well. Multiple reconnects/disconnects have not helped :(
  • conniejohnsondaugherty
    Options
    I'm experiencing the same issue. Fitbit will sync to the Fitbit iOS app and FitBit dashboard, but MFP does not show the steps. My Withings scale measures are being imported into MFP with no issues.

I have reconnected FitBit and MFP numerous times in the last three days. Thinking about just using FitBit app for logging food. Suggestions?
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Just adding another "this is happening to me" post. As said above, this isn't the first time, the good news is it's usually resolved fairly quickly.
  • tomnibus
    tomnibus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Adding myself to the list. Although, I'm finding that Fitbit is getting my calories and water intake but it's not sending steps over to MFP.
  • CM9178
    Options
    are any of you getting a calorie adjustment throughout the day, and if so, is it correct?? I'm not getting a correct adjustment, even after unlinking, it gives me one, but it is wrong.
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I dont actually SEE the steps on MFP (on my exercise log) but I do get the calorie adjustments. I assume this is normal. It is always how it has worked since I linked them just after Xmas. I also allowed the negative adjustment when I don't actually burn what was supposed to be burned.
    I don't usually eat back calories anyway, so I pretty much ignore the changes made, but am I reading the pages wrong???
  • JenniferLReam
    Options
    Glad to see its just not my issues...I have messed with out for an hour to see what the issue was!!!
  • khoshgeleh16
    khoshgeleh16 Posts: 150 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Mine's syncing again, as of about an hour ago. Hopefully that means they've sorted it out now.

(FWIW, mine was making absolutely no calorie adjustments on MFP, when I know it should've given me about 500 cals from walking; the step counter on MFP also said I'd taken 233 steps, when I'd walked something like four and a half miles...)
  • conniejohnsondaugherty
    Options
    I followed the instruction at myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/9905767-fitbit-is-not-syncing-with-mfp

It started working again. :)
  • CM9178
    edited January 2015
    Options
    duplicate
  • CM9178
    edited January 2015
    Options

Has it synched again on its own since you did this?
    I did this exact same thing at least 15 times today, it only works initially to force one sync, but it doesn't continue automatically synching.

I just followed these steps for the 9 millionth time today and it forced the sync. I'll bet another 9 million dollars it doesn't automatically sync again in an hour or so like it should. I'll update later.
  • Onederchic
    Onederchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    CM9178 wrote: »
    are any of you getting a calorie adjustment throughout the day, and if so, is it correct?? I'm not getting a correct adjustment, even after unlinking, it gives me one, but it is wrong.

No and for yesterday, Fitbit shows I ate zero calories which is wrong. Fitbit and MFP, for me, just will not stay synced properly for the past day or two.