• JonfromIndiana
    JonfromIndiana Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    this worked for me :)
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Kidominos wrote: »
    I emailed MFP and they responded back today. Here is a copy and paste (May take up to 24 hours to work due to backlog):

Our apologies for any problems you have been having. We are aware a hiccup between us and Fitbit syncing which may have caused users to lose their access token. Refreshing your token will hopefully get you back on track (due to backlogs it may take 24 hours for your info to populate), but if not please reply back and we will further investigate.

To refresh your token, please perform the following exact steps:

- First unlink your Fitbit from you MFP account once more
    - Then Log into your Fitbit account at www.fitbit.com
    - Click the gear icon, then settings
    - Next click Applications
    - Then Click the blue 'Revoke Access' button
    - Finally go back the the MFP site and relink your Fitbit device

This should refresh your link on both sides. Once you have reestablished the connection, if you are using one of our iOS or Android apps and have set up Fitbit with Steps, please make sure to also go back in and add Fitbit back to Steps once more as well. Please let us know if you continue to have any problems or need additional assistance.

This fixes it once, not permanently. It does not continue to sync on its own after doing this.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    CM9178 wrote: »
    Kidominos wrote: »
    I emailed MFP and they responded back today. Here is a copy and paste (May take up to 24 hours to work due to backlog):

Our apologies for any problems you have been having. We are aware a hiccup between us and Fitbit syncing which may have caused users to lose their access token. Refreshing your token will hopefully get you back on track (due to backlogs it may take 24 hours for your info to populate), but if not please reply back and we will further investigate.

To refresh your token, please perform the following exact steps:

- First unlink your Fitbit from you MFP account once more
    - Then Log into your Fitbit account at www.fitbit.com
    - Click the gear icon, then settings
    - Next click Applications
    - Then Click the blue 'Revoke Access' button
    - Finally go back the the MFP site and relink your Fitbit device

This should refresh your link on both sides. Once you have reestablished the connection, if you are using one of our iOS or Android apps and have set up Fitbit with Steps, please make sure to also go back in and add Fitbit back to Steps once more as well. Please let us know if you continue to have any problems or need additional assistance.

This fixes it once, not permanently. It does not continue to sync on its own after doing this.

It has for me. I haven't had any further issues since doing this on Tuesday afternoon. Maybe at some point reach out to customer service? Maybe there's something specific with your account(s) that's preventing it from working, or maybe you're stuck in the 24 hours backlog they referenced.

• Kidominos
    Kidominos Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    It didn't fix it permanently for me at first. It took a while. Email said it,could take up to 24 hours because of the backlog. If it has been longer than that I would email them.

I created a cardio exercise on MFP yesterday for 1 minute and 1 calorie and my Fitbit continued to sync as long as I left that activity logged. When I deleted it my Fitbit wouldn't sync yesterday so I re-added it. Today everything is back to normal and syncing fine.
  • kjbb007
    kjbb007 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello: I have been a fitnesspal and fitbit user for some time. I believe since the lollipop update on my galaxy S5 I cannot for whatever reason keep the two connected. Every day, 2-3 times a day I have to go into fitbit and disconnect/revoke my fitbit from myfitnesspal. Sometimes it takes quite a long time. Then I reconnect to myfitnesspal and it will give me only one reading. It does not sync throughout the day like it used to do. I have since changed from fitbit one to fitbit charge hr and I am still having the same problem. I thought there was going to be a new app coming out to rectify this problem. Hope so, I love them both and they do work very well together, when they work! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  • Thieka
    Thieka Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    kjbb007 wrote: »
    Hello: I have been a fitnesspal and fitbit user for some time. I believe since the lollipop update on my galaxy S5 I cannot for whatever reason keep the two connected. Every day, 2-3 times a day I have to go into fitbit and disconnect/revoke my fitbit from myfitnesspal. Sometimes it takes quite a long time. Then I reconnect to myfitnesspal and it will give me only one reading. It does not sync throughout the day like it used to do. I have since changed from fitbit one to fitbit charge hr and I am still having the same problem. I thought there was going to be a new app coming out to rectify this problem. Hope so, I love them both and they do work very well together, when they work! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I just bought the Charge HR yesterday - moved from the one also. What I found was on FitBit's site. One suggestion was to restart your bluetooth. Steps I did was - turn off bluetooth, reboot phone, restart bluetooth. Seems to sync flawlessly now. Perhaps this can help.
  • kjbb007
    kjbb007 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Thieka. I will give that a try. I will let you know how I make out.
  • msboon
    msboon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've tried pretty much every method posted here. Problem with syncing is on my android phone. Websites seem fine. Any one has similar experience? Problems started 4 days ago.
  • Luv2Munch
    Luv2Munch Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi all what worked for me is uninstalling the mfp app and then re-installing and selecting the fitbit app after i reinstalled the mfp. hope this works for you too. i know that fitbit was down for maintenance at least one time this past weekend but can't remember which day.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    this started happening on and off again this week - as expected, because this happens every 3 months!!!
  • AngelaJoy045
    AngelaJoy045 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Its May 6, is everyone still having this problem? I just connected mine and I am now having it!
  • ladytxn
    ladytxn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I saw a tweet last night stating we might see some "wonkiness" (their word...not mine) with Steps over the next 24-48 hours. Just so frustrating... bet if I signed up for Premium I wouldn't have this issue....... :neutral:
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Its May 6, is everyone still having this problem? I just connected mine and I am now having it!

*Members May Experience Some Steps Issues 5/5-5/7* http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1970451--members-may-experience-some-steps-issues-5-5-5-7-

What if data doesn't appear to be syncing from Fitbit to MyFitnessPal? http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1427466
  • PawPawKitty
    PawPawKitty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    After multiple times of dis- and reconnecting the accounts, deleting apps and reinstalling them I got the Fitbit to show up in my MFP diary again. It seems like right now data is synced from Fitbit to MFP, but not from MFP to Fitbit.

Hope this gets solved soon... and that the data will be added later. Otherwise it would be sad if that destroyed the otherwise flawless Fitbit diary ^^
  • tonywork4050
    tonywork4050 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Certainly my (previously very reliable) fitbit stopped syncing at about 1100 GMT, several disconnects and reconnects later It remains un-synced!

I'm really not bothered about syncing food into my fitbit dashboard, but I do want my calories burned to how up in mfp.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Logged a workout on Fitbit - 2 seconds later the MFP exercise diary showed the new calorie adjustment.

I do not use the app, nor sync the device to a smart phone.

Probably makes a difference.
  • rachylouise87
    rachylouise87 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    in the club here i have to keep reconnecting disconnecting crap its really not ok!
  • JessicaThompson12
    JessicaThompson12 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Mine will just connect when it wants to. Not when I try to pull the data. It's very frustrating because it's one of the reason I use MFP because it syncs so easily with my Fitbit.

Any resolution date?
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Have you tried restarting your FitBit???
  • rachylouise87
    rachylouise87 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    tried restarting etc at first i thought it was the fitbit but now seeing all these posts and a formal communication about it on the help section its still being looked into