Recommended Calorie Intake?

Options
I did not purchase the meal plan with the program, I 'think' I'll be ok with clean eating on my own but was curious to know if there is a recommended calorie intake for each day? Right now I'm eating between 1,300-1,500, higher protein and lower carb.

What is everyone else doing?

Replies

• JLWright73
    JLWright73 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have her eating guide but I am not really following it. It is your basic clean-eating, portion control guide. I don't recall that she specifies a calorie range, she stresses measuring portions and staying within a specified portion of each food group each day. I think as long as you eat clean and stay within the calorie range you stated you should be perfectly fine.

Oh, and this is based on her original eating guide. I don't have her 2.0 version. I hope someone else can correct me if I am wrong.
  • tahni
    tahni Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yeah I also didn't really like the guide. (I also have the original). She recommends about 1,600 cals per day, but that's strictly intake, not net. (so your mfp goal might be 1,300 or so assuming you burn 300 cals/day).

I really thought it'd be more of a day by day guide, but I think it has maybe 5 days worth? I'm also lactose intolerant and the program has a lot of dairy so I inherently didn't like it.