January 6

Options
NorahCait
NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
Good morning all!

I haven't gone back and read much of what's been posted since I've been away, but I hope you all had a nice time over the holidays.

I'm going to do a challenge for myself and I was wondering if anyone else wanted to join. I plan to do it for 7 weeks starting next week (with kind of a "ramp up" week right now because I need to get back in the swing of things!). I've been tooling around with a spreadsheet so if there's interest, I'd be happy to share it and add sheets for others.

I have it set up to get points for calorie goal, water intake, exercise, a daily personal goal, a weekly challenge, and weight loss.

Let me know what you think!

Replies

• NorahCait
    Options
    Since I haven't been around, a quick update:

Mental health stuff is finally back to a manageable state after lots of one step forward, two steps back. Just in time, too, because the holidays, sadly, brought a lot of loss. My grandpa, great aunt, and a friend all passed away. I did, however, get to see my grandpa just after Christmas, which I'm very grateful for.

Despite all the bleh, I've basically maintained my weight, but I'm determined to start losing again! I've got fancy little alarms set and everything.
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in joining the challenge. It follows what I was hoping to be doing anyways and having a form just makes it that much more official and makes me that much more accountable haha.

I am glad that your mental health state is back in a manageable state. Going through losses are rough and even more so during the holidays.
  • NorahCait
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Join me!

Do let me know if there's any weirdness with the spreadsheets. I'm not super familiar with Google Sheets (or Excel), so I spent a bunch of time googling, kludging together formulas, and copy/pasting.

...Am I weird for thinking doing that was sorta fun?

(Here's the full URL in case there are any issues clicking the link above: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14UwiJo2Y6wvvgB6XDif6qBhQ3KKe18xTg5elUPw4MLo/edit?usp=sharing)
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Strangely enough I also think that making spreadsheets is enjoyable haha. I have added myself (I think I did it properly, but I could be completely wrong). I am looking forward to starting up another challenge.
  • NorahCait
    Options
    Looks good, Zac!

Glad I'm not the only weirdo around :)
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to join the tribe of weirdos!

Norah, so nice to hear from you again. I'm so sorry you had such losses and such a hard time over the past few months. Hopefully getting on track via your challenge will help. Sending hugs!!

I had a mental breakdown and a good cry at my doctor's office today. She was "thrilled" with how well I'm doing my home care of the giant crater packed with gauze on my belly, but thinks it will take at least another 4-6 weeks to heal. So no swimming yet, and no Still's meds yet, which means every day I feel like I have a really bad flu and fell down ten flights of stairs. Oh and was kicked in the back by a horse.

I definitely need some incentive to make do with what I have and can do at the moment. Chronic pain is just sucking all the life and joy out of me.

So maybe I can call this my "do the impossible" challenge, and despite everything, start my weight training and yoga, in the ways that I can with the limitations I have.

Woohoo!! Let's rock and roll!!

K.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. I just can't seem to fill in spreadsheets on Google from my iPad so pls bare with me and I will sign up when I get home on Friday. Pat, guess you do not have to set up he next challenge as Norah has. Welcome back Norah, hope th get better for you and sorry for your losses.
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. So sorry to hear about your losses. I'm going to try to add me to the spreadsheets. I'll give a shout out if I have trouble.
  • mikesgirl4evr
    Options
    Ok, got my spreadsheet set up but the bottom tab is still calling me "Challenger 2" and I don't know how to change it. Help! Please.....
  • NorahCait
    Options
    Oh, Karen, I hope the recovery gets easier. As for the weight training, I know cans of soup can work well for light weights, as long as the large grip isn't a problem.

Dee, I've updated the worksheet with your username -- I'll throw a note in the instructions about it as well (I thought about that and then promptly forgot while I was doing other things!). Excited to have you joining up!

Nancy, sounds good! I hope your travel goes (went?) well. I have the spreadsheet set up so folks can enter things for this week, but the points don't start adding up until next week so there would be time for interested people to join up.
  • mikesgirl4evr
    Options
    Thanks Norah! I'm excited and ready to get back in the full swing of things.