How do you log your lifting in MFP if at all?

Options
Just wondering how everyone keeps track of their weight lifting training. How do you track lifting in MFP? If you use MFP which of the two options do you use? Do you use some other sort of tracking method?

Replies

• NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I use fitocracy to log my workouts :smile: You can see your "performance" in a graph over time, so for example, you can see that from May 2012 to May 2013 you went from squatting 45 lbs to squatting 200 lbs or any other lift you do. It's pretty cool. And that's just an example, I squat 95. :wink:
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I log what I've done/ how much I lifted by hand ( work out schedule at the gym) for calories sake I put it in Mfp at strength in cardio,I know it's not exactly accurate but I feel cheated working that hard and not logging it.
  • america_c
    america_c Posts: 60
    Options
    Yeah that's kinda my concern. I know I'm working hard and I know it's gotta be worth something. especially since I'm not doing as much cardio I miss some calories and I don't want to unknowingly put my net calories below 1200.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Oh, for calories, yes I do log calories in mfp. I actually use my HRM's calorie estimate, even though I know HRMs aren't accurate for lifting. I walk 10 minutes to the gym, do a few minutes of cardio, then lift, then walk 10 minutes back, and I just log the whole thing as one in my diary. So far my losses have been as expected doing my calories this way. :smile:
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I use jetfit to track and log my weights, it also calculates 1RM which I find nice. You can set up multiple days worth of workouts as well too.
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I use JEFit Pro for specifics on my workouts. I will use the cardio entry for strength training, underestimating my time.
  • marylorrainecox
    marylorrainecox Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been logging my workout under Strength Training. I use it while I am at the gym. I design a program before I get there and follow it- adjusting the reps or weight if anything is different. Then, I also log the time under cardio.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I made a custom cardio workout for lifting that "burns" 200 calories, because that's how much more I want to eat on lifting days.