Keto Salad Dressings?

iris8pie
iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
got a favorite recipe you'd like to share?

Replies

• EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Any variation of ranch works fine by me.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,764 Member
    I buy Marzetti Simple Dressed Caesar dressing and Marzetti Classic Ranch dressing. They both sell in the vegetable section in the refrigerated part. Each has 1g of carbs and not from added sugars, and both are quite tasty.

• MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    I buy Marzetti Simple Dressed Caesar dressing and Marzetti Classic Ranch dressing. They both sell in the vegetable section in the refrigerated part. Each has 1g of carbs and not from added sugars, and both are quite tasty.
    I love Litehouse Jalapeno Dressing. Seriously get me a spoon. Litehouse is another brand that is located in the refrigerated part of the veggie section.

I've tried caesar and other ranch dressings from refrigerated brands and liked them all. I'm thinking most of those refrigerated dressings will give you the best flavor, even if they are more expensive than dressing in the aisles.

• dcristo213
    dcristo213 Posts: 117 Member

The Caesar is my favorite....even my wife and kids love it!!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,764 Member
    dcristo213 wrote: »

My husband doesn't eat salad (but has made a gradual and ever improving effort to eat more vegetables) but my 4 kids all love it, and the ranch (of course).
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Homemade mayo. O. M. G.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    my hubby likes chef paul prudhomme's homemade mayo, cardini's red jalapeno caesar, and marie's chunky blue cheese dressings.

I rarely use salad dressing, but make my own roasted red pepper dip, and can thin it with more cream to make it into dressing.
  • SteveKroll
    SteveKroll Posts: 94 Member
    The one thing I don't care for with some of these store bought dressings is that they usually rely heavily on soybean or canola oil - both of which are high in omega-6 and somewhat inflammatory.

My favorite dressing is homemade bacon & blue cheese, made with mayo, yogurt, vinegar, and chives, along with lots of blue cheese and bacon, of course.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    I am allergic to nightshades so we use http://thenourishingcook.com/easy-homemade-ranch-dressing-or-dip/ on everything. Veggies, salad, anything i can possibly find to put it on as its the most amazing dressing ever!!
  • melissa968
    melissa968 Posts: 57 Member
    Love this ranch dressing! So easy and soooo much better than commercial dressing.
    http://faithfulnessfarm.blogspot.com/2014/04/how-simple-is-that-ranch-dressing-low.html
  • MessiGardener
    MessiGardener Posts: 37 Member
    Melissa that sounds wonderful. Thank you for posting!
  • SteveKroll
    SteveKroll Posts: 94 Member
    I agree.... that does sound good!