January 7

Options
ronercat
ronercat Posts: 273 Member
Hello everyone!

I am two days into my new workout schedule and my muscles are protesting haha. I had been away from weight lifting for a few months so they were not happy with the increased activity. Besides the soreness in the muscles I am feeling pretty swell. It is nice to be back into a good routine.

Hopefully these next few weeks/months will see all of us reaching a good place both mentally and physically (or at least on the right path to getting there).

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Go Zac! Thank you for leading the charge!
    K.
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Oooh Zac, I'm trying to get back into my weight lifting and I am NOT looking forward to the 2-3 days after my first workout! But YAY it's so good to do and I'm excited for you (and me!).

It's probably entirely in my head, but I feel like I'm already benefiting from the ever-so-slightly longer days, but I can't wait for it to be light enough for me to walk home again.
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Norah, I agree!! Those darkest days are terrible. So happy that we're moving toward more light and time for you to walk again. We're in our coldest spell, -10 degrees this morning, so I'm just hunkering by the woodstove.

I'm having trouble getting myself onto the spreadsheet from my phone, but I'm IN and will get on the computer tonight. Trying to be creative today about my exercise. I just blew most of my day with medical appointments and am being sent to a wound care center tomorrow morning by my rheumatologist who is NOT happy with the open incisions. So another medical adventure tomorrow! I should have my medical license by the time I'm done,lol.

I think what I'll do are some leg lifts and stretches while I'm on the phone with my mother, then some arm exercises with weights later. Yup, that'll work!!

K.