No Gym buddies

Options
I have forever maintained that being healthy shouldn't require going to the gym, but should be a lifestyle that is naturally active. I also just hate gyms (don't have the money, don't have the willpower or the esteem to be there).

Any other moms trying to lose the babyweight without the gym? What are you favorite active activities, videos, etc?

Replies

• hecham
    hecham Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I actually really like the gym, but it's a cost (and time) issue for me right now. The activity i end up doing most is walking with the baby. I run when someone is home to watch him. I also like doing random videos during his naps (Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and youtube fitsugar).
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I've had a gym membership since LO was about 3 months but I've yet to establish a routine of going. I'm much more likely to throw her in the stroller and walk around my house than pack up, get in the car and go to the gym. However, sometimes I go just for the daycare and so I can read on the elliptical for an hour, so its worth keeping it!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Workout with baby! No excuses of 'he won't let me put him down' or 'but he is being so playful and cute, I just want to play with him' or even 'I need to put him to sleep.' There is a workout that can be done with your little one at every single age - from birth to probably 12years old! Also, in every single mood! There are ones that you add adjustments to how you rock your babies for extra burn while pitting them to sleep or you can do lots of fun ones while playing with them (my 7 month old loves it when I do weighted curlups with him, he will giggle hysterically and I end up pushing myself harder and longer because I have the added incentive of 'if I can do just one more, I can get him to laugh again.' It makes working out fun and not a chore. It can be done at any time throughout the day (even during dinnertime or while breastfeeding!! You can even break it up into a dozen mini workouts throughout the day. There is so much freedom with it :)