New to Group - Accountability partner??

Options

Replies

• EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    5'3" 45F here, add me if you need more MFP pals!
  • Its_annalisa
    Options
    44yo wanting to stay motivated in 2015 to lose my last 10 lbs. My weight has been up and down the last few years and I'd love accountability partners to help stay focused.
  • kscm02
    kscm02 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for support buddies. I'm 43 and want to lose 40 by summer so if you'd like to add me we can help each other
  • Admsrcng14
    Admsrcng14 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looking for accountability!!!! Need all the help I can get. Weight today 205. Goal 150
  • HeidiHirtle
    HeidiHirtle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Count me in on looking for accountability and support, I'm 47 and need to lose 20lbs, which isn't a lot, but man it sure wants to stick! Feel free to add me so we can cheer each other on!
  • Teener37
    Teener37 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me! Can't have too many friends, right? Having a good network of friends is key to staying on track and accountable!

I'm 45 yrs old, 5'4" and am wondering if I am hitting pre-menopause??? It just isn't as easy to lose weight as it was before! Grrrrr.....
  • Raine0421
    Options
    Looking for accountability and to lend support! I am 47 and want to lose 60 lbs. Please feel free to friend me. Just getting started and I am still trying to figure out the app.
  • GulfcoastAL
    GulfcoastAL Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yes, we are hitting pre menopause! It's so much fun, lol. Feel free to add me too! I'm nearly 46, 4 children myself, since September I've been on somewhat of an overhaul with my diet (LESS pasta, carboholic). I had gained 20 pounds, with 10 of those in 2014-which woke me up quickly!
  • LL2422
    LL2422 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in! 43 from Texas. I WILL lose 70 pounds. First week done with a 4.2 lb loss! Wouldn't it be nice if all the weeks were like that? Haha
  • jakj00
    jakj00 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am back to mfp after a couple of year. I am 40 and trying to lose about 25 lbs :) I would love more friends to be accountable with!
  • mlssalnrd
    Options
    Hello. I am in! Just before Cmas I started a strict diet. Friends and family called me crazy, but I did not feel like celebrating a season of indulgence when the waistband of my pants were already uncomfortably tight. Remarkably I did great over the holidays, lost 5 lbs but the January blahs have set in and I think that I am pmsing as I am obsessed with thoughts of sweets and carbs.
    I will talk you out of temptation if you will do the same for me!
  • brendaswomleyfrazier
    Options
    I always want something sweet after I eat. My trick is to indulge but not over indulge. I get out my serving of whatever and put the rest back in the cabinet. I then go to another room and stay away from the kitchen.
  • abbardsley
    abbardsley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love the group support concept! I just turned 40 and need to loose 28 pounds. It is great to see all the positive motivating comments. We can do this one day, one meal at a time. Let's keep logging!
  • Spaniel5
    Spaniel5 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I'm 48, 5'3" and need to drop about 15 pounds. More than the lower number on the scale I need to get back into weight training. I just want to be healthy again. I have young (12 year old twins and a 17 year old) children and want to be active for them. I need all the help I can get. Husband has naturally high metabolism so he won't exercise with me.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    You can add me.... I recently started logging again. I got burned out for a bit, I've maintained my weight but I'd like to start losing again. I need motivation and someone to show some "tough love". WE CAN DO THIS!!
  • beachbum4044
    beachbum4044 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.....40 is less than 2 months away. I have enjoyed learning to use the app and love the positive support.
  • lesliehblack
    lesliehblack Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 44 in TN and would love to encourage you. I need more friends who are on the same journey. I need to lose 50 lbs this year and 50 more next year. I used myfitnesspal for about 2 months 2 yrs ago and lost 20 lbs. glad to be back for the long haul this time! :D
  • lscharp
    lscharp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - I'm new to the group, my first post. I'm looking for friends to help keep me motivated and accountable....something my husband just cannot do because he's never had to diet or workout a day in his life and stays within his ideal weight range.

I'm 43, married, 3 kids. I want to lose 50 lbs by September (my birthday month).
    I've struggled with my weight since the birth of my first child (over 20 years ago).

I'll admit, I'm the queen of excuses. I do good for awhile and eventually fall off the wagon. I'll lose and keep it off for a while, then have another child and have to start all over. So that's where I am now, my youngest will be 4 YO in April 2015, and it's time (way past the time) to stop making excesses and do something about it!

Anyone out there like me?
  • heymom93
    heymom93 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi! - I just came back to MFP after a long break and need to loose 25 lbs but starting with a goal of just 10 for now. Add me as a friend!
  • dleden6
    dleden6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    kscm02 wrote: »
    I'm also looking for support buddies. I'm 43 and want to lose 40 by summer so if you'd like to add me we can help each other
    I'm almost 43 and have the same goal... 40 lbs by summer. Need accountability!