New to this group, can I join you?

Options
Hi everyone. I am in my second week of a not-quite-a c25k... I am currently in treatment for breast cancer, totally out of shape and obese. Which is exactly why I am back on MFP website and seeking a workout I can live with. I have always wanted to be a runner (I used to dream about it) but when I tried the traditional c25k about a year ago, it moved too quickly for me. So, I found a training program that takes 6 MONTHS !! to work up to a 5K but I feel like it is something I can do without destroying my body and my doctor approved it. Can I still be a part of this group? My first month is nothing but walking but I loved my first week! All of you who are posting your wonderful results gives me so much encouragement. I know I will do this. Oh, and my goal is to run a 5K for my 60 birthday in June!

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the training, and I trust that it'll help with your treatment.

The daily check in thread is most active, so you should see plenty motivation in there for your efforts.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to post in the daily thread your own achievements so others can cheer you on. Hope the treatment is going well, wish you all the best with it.