What Diets Work and Which Ones Don't?

Options
I saw an article online, by NPR, about diets that I thought some of you might be interested in. They got their information from U.S. News & World Report ranking the effectiveness of diets. NPR's Facebook post said, "Among those considered least effective by the panel are Atkins, paleo and raw-food diets. But diets created by the Mayo Clinic and Weight Watchers land in the top five."

Here's the NPR article:

npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2015/01/06/375387779/from-paleo-to-plant-based-new-report-ranks-top-diets-of-2015?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20150106

Here's the list of ranked diets:
health.usnews.com/best-diet/best-overall-diets?page=4

My opinion on this topic? Diets don't work. The idea of 'everything in moderation' and portion control makes more sense for long term weight loss and maintenance. You do need a certain amount of carbs, just not as many as most of us would like to eat. You do need a certain amount of fat too, just not as much as we're all used to eating. Adding fresh fruits and veggies is also healthy too as you get so many good nutrients from them and the roughage is good for your digestive system.

How about you? Do you follow a strict diet or have you created your own eating plan that includes variety?

Happy slimming!
Cathy Gray