SRD

Options
TOPSmarca
TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
So how many of you have been to your State Recognition Days?!? Even though I have not been doing well the last few years (worse when I have quit before) I have attended Missouri State Recognition Day for the last 3 years. This year the Missouri queen lost 200 lbs. to goal WITH TOPS and 40+ more on her own before TOPS!!! I was SO impressed and so inspired by her dedication to good health that I went back to my chapter a new person!!! Since then, I have not had a gain (since first WI in April) , though I have traveled, been to a wedding, been to parties and missed a couple meetings!!! Our whole group has been in a funk for a while but when the 4 of us who went to SRD came back fired up, we are ALL doing better.... 8 members and a net loss of 22.25 lbs. for MAY!!!!

SRD changed my life, how about you?!?!

Replies

• katelynal
    katelynal Posts: 114
    Options
    That sounds very exciting!! I just joined TOPS on 4/9/13 so maybe next year :) The ladies from our chapter who went said that it was very inspirational and the chapter is already making plans for next year.
  • TOPSmarca
    Options
    I hope you do get to go!!! It is awesome!!! The speakers are great but what is the very best is to watch real people, people who have health issues, have a lifetime of obesity walk across that stage, healthy and happy and confident!!! I wanna do that!!!!
  • tearose4
    tearose4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Pennsylvania SRD was May 30-June 1, and 17 people from my chapter were able to attend. My partner and I left feeling renewed and motivated (which has been severely lacking recently!); went home and laid our or new, improved menu for the week. Weigh-in is Thursday! :wink:
  • TOPSmarca
    Options
    17!!!! That is quite a number to get to SRD!!! It does REALLY motivate you to get back to the work of healthy, does it not?!?! Glad you got to go!!!
  • thatTOPSlady
    thatTOPSlady Posts: 199
    Options
    SRD is better than Christmas, to me. I love it :)
  • TOPSmarca
    Options
    It is AWESOME!!!