January 8

Options
NorahCait
NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
Good morning all!

It's COLD here today, but I know I've got nothing on Karen! People always say, "Aren't you from Wisconsin? Shouldn't you be used to this?" and I have to tell them I left for a reason.

I'm trying to figure out a few more ways to incorporate more protein and non-sugar carbs into my day. I've been eating a lot of tuna and greek yogurt, but I want a few more choices. When it comes to carbs, I was thinking of cooking up a big batch of lentil soup, splitting it up into little containers to freeze, and just keeping one in the fridge to microwave as needed (maybe this Barley, Lentil, and Swiss Chard Soup?) It's probably a good idea to keep bread and lunch meat around, too, for a quick half sandwich or something. Luckily, I need to keep a sort of high sodium diet because I have low blood pressure, but I can't imagine what I'd do if I needed to keep sodium down as well.

Do you folks have some go to quick, easy, nutritious snacks? I know this has come up before, but I'm forgetful.

Replies

• ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am not the best at finding/making/eating healthy snacks, but at times I do enjoy having some nuts and applesauce for my snack. It gives me some protein and I like to think of applesauce as slightly healthier pudding haha.
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Only you, Zac, would have enough optimism to call applesauce a "healthy pudding."