New Year, new you! Do you have any resolutions?

Options
Hi guys.

Just curious if any of you set any resolutions?

I like SMART goals for Resolutions.
Specific
Measurable
Achievable
Realistic
Time Specific

So instead of "take more yoga classes!" you might say "take 2 yoga classes a week".
Or instead of "lose weight", be specific on WHAT you're going to do to lose weight.

If you dont have any goals, do you set intentions (which I think more of the "to love" "find inspiration wherever I go!" etc ...) ??

Replies

• erbear117
    erbear117 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I read a great article called "set intentions not resolutions" in a yoga blog - search for it and check it out!

Not a new years goal but a generic one - I am on Day 12 of a 27 day yoga goal - to practice yoga everyday. Hopefully I will continue onward and make it to 108 days. So far I've only been practicing at home, often with friends.
  • Marbil2014
    Marbil2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 30 days of yoga challenge! Did a few of them last year and loved them.
  • Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I used to do yoga every day before and during my pregnancy, so I'm aiming to get back into it four days a week, and more is always better.

I'm also quitting smoking, but WITH my husband this time, so there will be no cigarettes in the house to tempt me!
  • Namaste_Mama
    Namaste_Mama Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For 2016 planning to work through Yoga with Adriene's new 30 day yoga boot camp. Looking forward to it.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i hope to go regularily to classes I don't teach and go to the aerial strength classes too (after the aerial yoga)
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I do not have any resolutions this year but I do have ongoing goals and focuses for myself, which are always there. I did start using a goal tracking system this year to help me to keep track of my microgoals so I can measure these to feel more successful. That has been working really well so far!

Good luck to everyone!
  • Pegitha13
    Pegitha13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So my New Years Resolution is to become healthier. I'm figuring that weight loss will kinda follow. I'm challenging myself by tracking my food and doing yoga every day.