My OA epiphany!

Options
Me: "I feel bad! I feel ashamed/heavy/lazy etc etc etc....WHAT DO I DO!?!?"
Them: KCB

Me..."Oh...Keep coming back!!"

It clicked that I don't need to put serious pressure and stress on myself that I'm not moving fast enough, in the program/otherwise...Pressure is what leads people to over eat and gain a lot of the time...what I needed to do is keep coming back to the meetings. That will help me listen to my higher self, higher power, etc and know what to do, and what my next steps are & also that I'm not alone.

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    One of the worst things a person can do to herself is quit because of a setback or detour along the way. Keep coming back is really important. The Big Book says "Do not be discouraged" in two places so it must be important.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Getting to a meeting can be a challenge, but once I'm there, I'm grateful that I came. It's therapitic and helps heal my inner self, which is why I keep coming back!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    On top of meetings, listening to OA podcasts is a great way to stay connected.
  • buxomvegan
    buxomvegan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I definitely felt the same pressure. When I first entered OA I struggled with being the perfect OA member. Now I really have to keep in mind that it's one day at a time. I can do this today, for 12 hours, because my Higher Power is helping me get through the day, and I know I deserve a healthy lifestyle, and a fit body. I deserve to take care of myself. The weight is slowly coming off, and I pray that as I work the program I'll learn to love myself - something I can honestly say I haven't been able to do in years. This is a miraculous program, and I hope to work it everyday for the rest of my life.