Another Newbie

Options
Hi All...joining groups is a new thing for me, but this time I may need some cheering on. Lost about 30lbs in 2010 and was doing great at keeping it off. Then, in 2012 I decided to quit my 43 yr smoking habit...again. This time, though, I swore I would quit, whether I gained weight or not. Well, duh, I gained about 25lbs back and now it's time to lose it. I've had a few bad months with my husband being treated for cancer, but he's all clear now, I turned 60 in Nov and it's 2015. Time to get this party started!

Hope to get to know you and be able to give/take. cheers B)

Replies

• grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome! You will like it here.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Welcome lots of folks here who have had to start over with losing. We are a friendly supportive group.

Good for you stopping smoking. And glad your husband is healthier now. That should ease your burden somewhat.
  • Myrtbbk
    Myrtbbk Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm a newbie, too. Congratulations on quitting, that's such a difficult thing to do. Glad to hear your husband is doing well.
  • happygrandma52
    happygrandma52 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome banditsmum! Quitting smoking is VERY tough. Kudos to you for quitting and glad to hear your husband's on the mend.
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! Everyone here is friendly and helpful. At least one of us (me) has backslid more than once so I'm just starting all over AGAIN.

You're not alone; you'll get a lot of support here.

YAY you for being able to stop smoking; that is a huge victory!
    I'm glad your husband is doing well--that must be an enormous relief for both of you.

Here's to moving forward to a successful and healthy 2015!

<3
  • JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi banditsmum! My, that name has me very curious! Hope you love it here as much as I do. Congratulations on quitting smoking. What an achievement!
  • seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on quitting smoking and starting this group- very positive moves! Feel free to befriend me when you are down or up or need support! I quit smoking 25 years ago and am so glad I did! I am also a pro at losing weight(although it gets harder to do every year)--but I need someone to help me stay on track and not regain. I am my own worst enemy and can make an excuse to eat any time I need one. Again, congratulations on two good choices!
  • bessi2
    bessi2 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I am new to this group. I am in my early 60's. I'm having total knee replacement in a few months and I need to loose a fair amount of weight.Because of severe pain I am unable to walk or do much exercise. I am here to get and give support. :)
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Bessi! This is a great group, I'm sure you will enjoy it. That's a gorgeous kitty-cat there :) ~ Kathy
  • IceyKwl
    IceyKwl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hi to those new, i am also, glad to see others in the same place i am, and congrats on quitting smoking, i am considering it, but i dont like to throw away too many crutches at the same time and sweets is a big one i am conquering now.

Such a nice sunny day here today...not to be cooler for a couple of weeks..makes it bearable being stuck inside..cant wait for sling to be gone..lol

I loved it when i had my knee replacements done...no pain after and all pills gone..its been 9 yrs now and i just restarted my pills again...you will find it wonderful bessi2
  • Myrtbbk
    Myrtbbk Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi bessi, welcome. I'm a newbie, too, trying to lose weight before surgery. We can do this together! Lots of support and help here.
  • RLF022012
    RLF022012 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all our newbies! This is an awesome group. Everyone here is helpful and supportive, you're gonna love it here! :D

Rose