Drs Visit

Options
jsiricos
jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
I SHOULD be happy, you'll all think Im some kinda crazy but...

a year ago my A1C was 6.5, in December it was 6.9, today it was 5.9

I just want perfection, and I;d like it now, please, thank you :)

Replies

• bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    First, congratulations on taking such good care of yourself! Second, I can understand your disappointment and frustration that you aren’t seeing the results you are working so hard to achieve. You're doing a whole lot better than you would be if you weren’t managing your regimen so well. :drinker:

The improvement you've made is fantastic! Welcome to the 5% club! and interestingly enough, I too share the exact same A1C test results as you on my labs this past March, along with my expectation of producing a lower number, but celebrated my success with telling myself a job well done.

I remind myself everyday that I'm human and not perfect, it's going to take time and patience to achieve my new goal now for even tighter control one day at a time. Additionally, I keep returning to this group to learn from others to help me achieve this new goal I have, as we share our experiences with one another.

Nicely done jsiricos, you're doing great!
    :smile:
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You're both doing great and I know that impatient feeling, especially when we are really working hard! Same experience here. I was hoping for a lower number last month but was grateful that it was down a tenth of a point, from 5.7 to 5.6. It sure seems to go up fast but not so much when you are trying to get it down. But at least we're seeing success with all the effort!
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You are doing really well. I know it isn't what you were hoping for, but be proud of your accomplishments!!! I know that I am very impressed with these results. Take care!
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 5% club. That's quite and accomplishment. I'm hoping I've stayed there, will find out in about 3 wks. Be persistent and vigelant and you'll stay there too.
  • nvstlrgrl
    nvstlrgrl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work in lowering that number. I am the same as you and strive for perfection. My doctor is always happy with my results, but I get frustrated at times. In September I had a 5.6. Then I got severely sick in January and didn't start getting better till April. My A1C at the end of March was 6.5. After joining this group and MFP I have been working hard to bring it back down. One more month and I will have it checked again.

I wish you luck on getting things to where you want them to be. Just remember time, patience, and perserverence is what it takes.
  • cjchristmas74
    Options
    I would dance with joy for an A1C of 5.9. I went to the Dr. on May 21st and my A1C was 11.4. Which is where it has stayed since diagnosis on January 1, 2008. I am now on Humalog sliding scale, Lantas 40 in am and 70 in pm, and 4 mg of glimepiride twice daily. New Dr. wants A1C under 7. I really have some work to do. And in the last week, I have been experiencing hypoglycemia.