Meal Planning (based on macros)

Options
Dana31601
Dana31601 Posts: 41 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
I'm struggling with meal planning based on the macros I'm supposed to eat (trainer/coach prescribed macros). I've never tried to eat this way before, so I don't have a clue.

If you were supposed to eat 40g of protein and 25g of carbs with no added fat for breakfast, and keep the meal around 260-290 calories, what would you eat?

(I have a list of lean proteins to choose from, and a list of the typical carbs...brown rice, oatmeal, quinoa, etc).

(ETA calorie goal)

Replies

• Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You can always spread it out throughout the day if you find it hard to make a particular meal fit the exact ratios. From what I gather the make up of an individual meal hardly makes any difference as long as you meet your daily targets.

That said, I'd a have a protein shake and some oats made with soy milk; fits almost perfectly:

CRsfJjX.png

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Stupid question, but what is "added fat"? Does that mean you could have eggs which have natural fat but you can't cook them in oil or butter?

Maybe look at some scrambled eggs with ham and veggies? Maybe even 2 eggs plus a serving of egg whites. Or you could make the mini egg casserole things in a muffin tin and freeze for easy breakfasts.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Protein powder and fruit smoothie.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Did your trainer give you a reason why you should be keeping your macros consistent across meals?
  • Dana31601
    Dana31601 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Egg yolks are on my lean protein list, egg yolks would be an "added fat". Other "added fats" are oils, as are avocados and raw nuts. The lists are really just examples, but since I'm still trying to figure this whole thing out, I trying to stick with his lists.

Sara, he gave me macros for 4 meals a day (one of which is post workout), with a calorie goal for the day. No real reason why, just trying to keep the protein high and the fat low, I suppose.