Looking for a few clean eating friends :)

Options
13»

Replies

• amyrllin1
    amyrllin1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me if you would like. I too am a runner, I joined a learn to run group 3 years ago and have just kept going! I love it, I have ran half marathons and one 30k race. I have not run for 2 months due to an injury and I have gained 10lbs. I am trying to clean up my eating and I also need to moderate my calories in since I am not running 3x a week!
    I am shy and do not post often but I will always be there for support and advice if I can
    Amy
  • SammyGold12
    Options
    I would love to join in. I'm new here and could use some friends myself! Back in the day the pounds would shed like magic, but those days are long gone! I've never tried getting back in shape with an online community before - makes me excited but a little anxious.

I'm not exactly sure what "clean" eating means - but I like the sound of it. My long time habit is to eat simple, basic, and close to the earth. I rarely stray into the center aisles of the grocery store (Except maybe for the organic soups. I LOVE soup!) Otherwise it's one loop around the store - fresh fruits & veggies, yogurt & cheese, a little bread, a little meat, maybe the bulk section for nuts and grains, and then I'm gone. Sounds clean to me!

Good luck everyone!
    Sammy
  • TBrownCVT
    TBrownCVT Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in. I'm new here and could use some friends myself! Back in the day the pounds would shed like magic, but those days are long gone! I've never tried getting back in shape with an online community before - makes me excited but a little anxious.

I'm not exactly sure what "clean" eating means - but I like the sound of it. My long time habit is to eat simple, basic, and close to the earth. I rarely stray into the center aisles of the grocery store (Except maybe for the organic soups. I LOVE soup!) Otherwise it's one loop around the store - fresh fruits & veggies, yogurt & cheese, a little bread, a little meat, maybe the bulk section for nuts and grains, and then I'm gone. Sounds clean to me!

Good luck everyone!
    Sammy

Sammy, it sounds like you're already eating clean. Basically, avoid artificial or processed everything. You should look up homemade bone broth and make your own soups. It's cheaper and more nutritious.
  • mom2atw
    mom2atw Posts: 15
    Options
    I am baby stepping into eating clean. $ Is my biggest obstacle. One change at a time. I am a single mom to three kids and also trying to help teach them to be healthy. Being raised in the age of convinence and microwave - I watched cancer, diabetes, high cholesterol skyrocket,.. Hmmmm
    - One has to wonder how we are slowly poisoning our bodies by what we eat.
    - I am hoping to clean up our diets and be a healthy mama for my awesome kids.
    i also welcome anyone who wants to follow me. I use MFP to count my calories but my true logging love has been the Two Grand ap that is also free. I use them both daily. Same name if anyone has that ap and wants to follow me.
    Counting calories here and being accountable in pictures there - has really upped my game on the eating right in 2015 :smile:
  • EBfan10
    EBfan10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined this group today. I have been trying to eat clean whenever possible for some time now. My family is half on board, my kids more so than my husband. He thinks the organic label is a hoax, but he does it anyway to humor me. He still keeps his lunchtime collection of frozen meals for work. The kids are good about trying to do their best...I would say I am 80/20, they vary. I can't change my husband, except by our shared meals. The kids and myself are my focus points. I would love to be friends with like minded. I have a goal to lose about 20lbs.
  • SammyGold12
    Options
    I don't think organic is a hoax - but my friends and I tried an interesting experiment that was cool and convincing.

Do a blind taste test with fresh organic carrots and fresh regular carrots. See if he can tell the difference. To me (and all my friends), the organic carrots simply tasted better and, I thought, cleaner somehow. The same was true for apples. Some foods, like milk, we couldn't tell the difference. But for many of them the difference was clear.

You could make it a fun double blind test. You cut all the carrots the same way, blindfold your husband, and have your kids bring him the carrots. Only you will know which is which - neither your kids nor your husband should know until after the tests. Maybe let each person take turns being the test subject before you reveal the truth.

Sounds like an episode of Mythbusters! Lol!
  • crisisborn
    crisisborn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi all. My ways are JERF (just eat real food), sugar with fiber, and getting up.
    Happy to have friends and happy to help others with their methods.
  • mom2atw
    mom2atw Posts: 15
    Options
    We do blind taste tests here all the time. One was with ketchup. We love Heinz ketchup. I don't eat anything I use it on anymore but the kids still do. I switched the kids to organic. And also tried the simply Heinz. Verse the one with HFCs. We were amazed at the difference.
  • markcomunale2
    Options
    Shoot me a friend request and check out my daily logs! :)
  • evelynejulia
    Options
    Clean eating is top :D
  • EBfan10
    EBfan10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I don't think organic is a hoax - but my friends and I tried an interesting experiment that was cool and convincing.

Do a blind taste test with fresh organic carrots and fresh regular carrots. See if he can tell the difference. To me (and all my friends), the organic carrots simply tasted better and, I thought, cleaner somehow. The same was true for apples. Some foods, like milk, we couldn't tell the difference. But for many of them the difference was clear.

You could make it a fun double blind test. You cut all the carrots the same way, blindfold your husband, and have your kids bring him the carrots. Only you will know which is which - neither your kids nor your husband should know until after the tests. Maybe let each person take turns being the test subject before you reveal the truth.

Sounds like an episode of Mythbusters! Lol!

I love this! I will definitely have to try it. He even watched Food, Inc. with me and still wasn't convinced. I usually wind up doing separate grocery shopping for the things I eat and prepare for the family. I would love to help him change, but he is almost 14 years older than I am and I am in my 40's. I do what I can.
  • FitnessGrudge
    FitnessGrudge Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm newer too and also looking for friends. Anyone can add me. I'm a huge fan of simple, clean recipes. I cleaned up my diet 25 days ago and am already wearing the slightly-too-small jeans I had buried, tags attached, in my closet. I also went from "having" to take heartburn meds everyday to taking them once or twice since making the changes. I've eaten clean in the past, but it's easy to slowly slip into bad habits again. Next thing you know, a year or so has passed. It's weird.

That's why it's nice to have a support group!
  • crisisborn
    crisisborn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am happy to help anyone in their goals. clean eating doesn't have to be tough. Add me and I will be glad to help with your journey.
  • mandychowx
    mandychowx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)